+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 129 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: Brothers and Sisters

I thought this was a great show-full of angst and humor-typical family stuff. The thought that Joe, who was the family man who apparently liked staying home with the kids so they could have a certain lifestyle (since his wife was the breadwinner), so brutally stabbed his own wife in the back by having sex with her while planning the divorce coup of the century and yet maintaining he was doing it solely for the good of the children, come one...I felt a little throw-up in the back of my throat! Could it be true that he planned to divorce her before they even got married because she and her family had money? Sarah and Nora showed their class by saying goodby to the kids with dignity and concern for them,...then Sarah collapsing after the kids were gone. I wonder if Joe and his ex-wife are going to be as good to the kids as that?

Concerning Kitty and Robert,...is anyone really surprised that she's pregnant? I think this storyline is great-the conservative Robert and kitty "getting caught" by an unexpected pregnancy. It showed how his campaign manager is totally involved in his life-both politically and personally. I don't know if I could handle that, but it seems like it's probable in the real world. I wonder what Hillary and Bill have really gone through with their campaign managers. I thought Robert showed his true mettle by what he said about Kitty.

I feel icky about Tommy and his office manager. I realise that he's separated, but what is "separated"? You're still married. And I thought she was just going short term to her folks to get her head on straight. I can imagine that she'll come home and expect her husband to welcome her and their daughter with open arms,...and he'll be busy with the office manager. I also think it's funny that Holly is all concerned because it's "her" company now. Wonder if anyone will bring up to her that it's sorry that she didn't show the same concern when she was the floozy?!

I have to wonder if this show hates kids or something. First one of the twins dies and then mom takes off with the baby, next Joe takes off with his and Sarah's children..... I fear for Kitty's pregnancy. If this show dislikes children so much then why have them on the show?

Just seems that way to me.

I don't think we have to worry much about Tommy and the office manager anymore if the previews for next week are anything to go off. Seems like the girl has moved on much to the chagrin of Rebecca.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2638789;
    I have to wonder if this show hates kids or something. First one of the twins dies and then mom takes off with the baby, next Joe takes off with his and Sarah's children..... I fear for Kitty's pregnancy. If this show dislikes children so much then why have them on the show?

Just seems that way to me.
    I don't think that the show dislikes children per se. However, I think the writers recognize that from a show perspective, children can be a big obstacle to instablity and drama.

Then they should have never put them in it. I love this show but it bothers me how they got rid of all the children. I would rather not watch a show that revolves around children so I'm fine with none being on it... I just wish they had never put them there and then come up with stories to get rid of them so Tommy could move on to the slutty secretary and Joe could be the jerk of all time.

I'm very interested to see how they spin Kitty's pregnancy and the whole unwed thing. She better watch it... she's coming closer and closer to her mothers POV which would actually make this whole journey she's on even more interesting.

I guess I don't think the show has gotten rid of the kids. They've just put them in situations that happen all too often in real life.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I concur.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2639593;
    I concur.
    So do I. They haven't gotten rid of the kids. They're just using them in a way that is causing a lot of drama. Real life drama. I really hate that I missed this episode.

I never thought about Kitty being pregnant and her fiance running on the republican ticket.:nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess she didn't hold that pill between her knees, did she?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2639501;
    I guess I don't think the show has gotten rid of the kids. They've just put them in situations that happen all too often in real life.
    I agree with you all... plus.. the show is entitled "Brothers and Sisters." This show is about the dynamic between the adult family members, not about the children of said adult family members. The children are going to be visible, but they were never intended to be main characters with main storylines.

Even last season when they had the episode where it was discovered that Paige had... diabetes, was it?... the show wasn't about Paige it was about how Sarah reacted to the diagnosis and how her brothers, sister, and mother rallied around her with their support.

I see the same with Tommy's family. Julia was never a main character, nor was their child. Her purpose has always been to develop him as a character, as flawed as that might be. He was the rigid, stern, businessman Tommy, the stoic Tommy who discovered that he was sterile and begrudgingly accepted his brothers' offers of sperm donation, the fragile Tommy whose twins were born fighting for their lives, the depressed Tommy whose wife blamed him for their child's death, and now the flawed Tommy who has succumbed to an affair from someone that is showing him attention when he needs it the most and isn't getting it from his wife. This was never intended to be about his wife and kids. They were always secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2639646;
    I really hate that I missed this episode.
    ABC has the full episodes online: ABC.com Full Episode Player

This last episode is definitely worth watching.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread