+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 129 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2635501;
    I hate the Justin being readdicted to painkillers story. Why the hell didn't he just insist someone else hold on to the bottle and dole out his painkillers at the appropriate times when he first went back on them? I'm also not such a big fan of watching Tommy cheat with the office manager.
    I thought those were the pills he got from the other patient at the hospital. Does he have control of the pills he was prescribed, too? Last week he had Rebecca count his pills and they were all there, so I think he must be sneaking the ones from the other guy's prescription. I hate that whole storyline too. Also not wild about Tommy right now or Joe.

For me, it's not about the fact that Joe was pretty much the primary care giver. It's how he went about things: sleeping with Sarah when he was seeing his ex, talking to all those people a month in advance about getting character references and then going for FULL custody instead of shared. He seemed to be playing along with things and being fairly decent while he was planning to sue for full custody and basically pull the rug out from under Sarah. ITA - the look from Nora at the end was great. He should have been shaking in his boots!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Right. He's been taking the other pills (the one from the other patient) while the family has control over his pills so that no one would ever know.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ah, somehow missed he got pills from that guy....

I missed the pills from the other patient too. Thanks guys. That makes a lot more sense now. Not that I like it mind you.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I'm with you Mariner. I am so disappointed that they went the re-addiction path with Justin. In last week's episode, Justin took a couple of pills right before Rebecca came in the room and they said "Garrett" something-or-other on the bottle - that must have been they guy he spoke to at the PT place.

I loved Robert during the debate - if only real politicians spoke so candidly

So totally classic Walker with Nora going to the pantry and being outed. I love how the news spread and they all kept saying "but don't tell".

Not liking the Tommy/Lena storyline either. But I cannot stand Holly. Her voice goes right through me and she has a holier than thou attitude and she was the other woman for 20+ years!

I cried at the last scene with Sarah. It was so poignant when she kept strong in front of the kids and then broke down when they left. It was a perfect example of what Kitty said to her about being strong.

I love this show.......

If you have any of the last couple of shows recorded, they do a close up of the bottle and it has the other guys name on it. They never actually showed him giving the bottle to Justin (or the prescription). I also don't like it but Justin has an addictive personality. He needs counseling in addition to the support group because he will just replace the pills with something else. I'd like to see them show that.... if they ever actually let the character get clean.

The thing that gets me is the whole getting character references from the teachers thing. Totally unrealistic. I'm a teacher and I cannot think of one person I've ever worked with who would get involved in custody proceedings unless they've been subpoenaed. Or MAAAAAYBE if the teacher has some sort of documented suspiscion that there are shady happenings going on with one of the parents. Not only would my principal and administration immediately put a halt to it, the district's lawyers would, too. Too many issues and legal problems can arise with projecting our opinions on what we THINK is appropriate parenting. We do not know what goes on at home. We are usually limited to short interactions in a public place. We also don't know whole stories behind why a parent couldn't drop a child off that day or didn't send in the permission slip. The fact that a slip (which in a real world would have needed to be turned in at least days before the field trip, NEVER the day of but that's besides the point) was forgotten on a table does not make one an unfit parent. The inappropriateness of one (let alone all!) of the teachers writing a character reference for one parent when both are actually good, fit parents is just totally unrealistic and incredibly bothersome to me.

The acting on the other hand, as others have praised, what great. I really felt for Sarah. I hope I never have to go through such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2635707;
    . . . Interesting that all the Walkers are INSTANTLY so happy for Kitty... come on, surely they can see that the timing on this is awful.
    For real! First the doctors on ER and Grey's, and now Kitty -- you can't tell me that these educated women are clueless about birth control!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by talula;2636469;
    The thing that gets me is the whole getting character references from the teachers thing. Totally unrealistic. I'm a teacher and I cannot think of one person I've ever worked with who would get involved in custody proceedings unless they've been subpoenaed. Or MAAAAAYBE if the teacher has some sort of documented suspiscion that there are shady happenings going on with one of the parents. Not only would my principal and administration immediately put a halt to it, the district's lawyers would, too. Too many issues and legal problems can arise with projecting our opinions on what we THINK is appropriate parenting. We do not know what goes on at home. We are usually limited to short interactions in a public place. We also don't know whole stories behind why a parent couldn't drop a child off that day or didn't send in the permission slip. The fact that a slip (which in a real world would have needed to be turned in at least days before the field trip, NEVER the day of but that's besides the point) was forgotten on a table does not make one an unfit parent. The inappropriateness of one (let alone all!) of the teachers writing a character reference for one parent when both are actually good, fit parents is just totally unrealistic and incredibly bothersome to me.
    My sister had teachers and the school principal as references in her custody case. And they all testified without a subpoena.

I would imagine that these weren't simple opinion-based references, talula. They were probably all requested to write about specific instances where Sarah did not pick up the children on time, whether Sarah had created an inappropriate scene in school in front of the children, or that the children often came to school without their schoolwork done, etc. Or it could have been none of those and they were simply requested to indicate which parent attended the PTA meetings or any (all) afterschool events with the children. The inferences were left up to the lawyers to provide.
    Last edited by Broadway; 10-30-2007 at 08:57 AM.

I missed the last episode because I had to work so I didn't see how Justin was about his drugs, but last week when he started taking extra I don't think it was because he wanted to get high but because he thought he could be more pain free to do his physical therepy. Not that I'm making excuses for him. I think he did it with a plan in mind but its very irrisponsible since he knows he has an addiction.

I saw the previews for next Sunday where Rebecca and Justin are at a party and Rebecca turns the corner to see Justin hitting on another girl. The look on her face, like she just caught her boyfriend cheating on her, turns my stomache. I am not liking this story line at all.

Did this episode enlighten us about Saul anymore? I have a theory. I think Saul is asexual. I think he probably had a sexual encounter with his friend years ago when he was confused about his sexual orientation and found that he didn't like being with a man any more then he did a woman. Thats why he keeps insisting he's not gay. And yet has never had a serious relationship.
    Did he actually have a sexual relationship with Holly? I think he likes the finer things in life and he likes people that are educated and interested in the arts. But I don't think he likes sex. Just my theory.

Did Tommy continue his affair with the secretary?

+ Reply to Thread