+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 129 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Boo on Joe for broadsiding Sarah with the custody request and BOO on Joe for doing it the way he did it (getting to everyone Sarah knew [the kids' teachers, etc...]) for the references months before! And Boo on that Judge for letting him get away with it! Yay for Kitty being pregnant. Boo for Robert saying what he said to her at first. IMO it was out of line. Kitty tried to tell him and his 2 sidekicks wouldn't shut up long enough for her to get a word in! But Yay for him coming around and fixing it afterwards. Was that Danny Glover I saw in the preview for next week suggesting that Kitty and Robert get married in 2 days?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I hope that Joe comes crawling back to Sarah just to be rejected.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I loved the way the news of Kitty's pregnancy spread through the family because of Nora going into the pantry. That was classic Walker family. It was especially funny that Nora was the only one who didn't know Kitty was pregnant because Kitty lied to her about the result of the pregnancy test.

I hate the Justin being readdicted to painkillers story. Why the hell didn't he just insist someone else hold on to the bottle and dole out his painkillers at the appropriate times when he first went back on them? I'm also not such a big fan of watching Tommy cheat with the office manager.

The final scene with Nora not saying anything but glaring 100,000 words at Joe when he arrived to pick up the kids and Sarah being so cheery for the kids and then breaking down as soon as they left was really well acted. I'm not really sure on the timing on all this. Was the scene on the washer less than a month ago in showtime? If so, he's a real scum for having set up everything to get primary custody before then. It will be interesting to see if Sarah brings out the kiss with Rebecca while the kids were in the house as part of trying to undo the temporary custody arrangement. The cynical part of me wonders if it is going to turn out that Joe wants the kids for child support and alimony so he doesn't have to go back to work.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That was very painful to watch what Sarah had to endure regarding the children, especially after all that she had been through. Did it make sense with him having been the main caregiver? Unfortunately, yes. It will probably make for a good story line when we see how dramatic/difficult the children get from being bounced back and forth. Gives good argument to the adults bouncing back and forth, and the children remaining in one place.

"I hate the Justin being readdicted to painkillers story. Why the hell didn't he just insist someone else hold on to the bottle and dole out his painkillers at the appropriate times when he first went back on them?" Because the call of that siren was just too strong for him to do what he knew to be best for him. Guess that is what they mean when they say you will fight the addiction for the rest of your life, one day at a time. Sad.

As for Tommy, why do people not realize that "separated" does not mean the same as "divorced?? Separated people are still married, whether it is a legal separation,or not (which his isn't).

This show just gets better and better.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2635501;
    The final scene with Nora not saying anything but glaring 100,000 words at Joe when he arrived to pick up the kids and Sarah being so cheery for the kids and then breaking down as soon as they left was really well acted. I'm not really sure on the timing on all this. Was the scene on the washer less than a month ago in showtime? If so, he's a real scum for having set up everything to get primary custody before then. It will be interesting to see if Sarah brings out the kiss with Rebecca while the kids were in the house as part of trying to undo the temporary custody arrangement. The cynical part of me wonders if it is going to turn out that Joe wants the kids for child support and alimony so he doesn't have to go back to work.
    This storyline could have been RIPPED from my sister's custody battle to the point where it wouldn't surprise me if you were 100% correct. I cried because even some of the comments were identical to those that I heard from my sister. That situation is so raw.. and I was just so glad last night that my sister does not watch this show.

I, too, was thrilled with that final scene between Sarah putting on the brave face for Paige and with Nora's nonverbal communication. Again... amazingly raw and accurate writing... but in the back of my mind I was silently cheering that this performance would combat some of the recent detractors.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow, that scene where the kids were leaving... SO well done. Save that one for the Emmy reel! When she just collapsed after they left, you could just feel that coming..in a good way. And the look on her face at the lawyer's office when she got blindsided after everyone had been so civil about the Ojai shares and the guitars... What a SLUG Joe was for having sex with her when he knew 1) he didn't want to get back together and 2) he was planning this re the kids, BOTH of which he knew would be punch in the gut moments. Come on, he knows her, he knew what she would think the sex meant, the "we probably shouldn't be doing this" comments aside. That was just revenge sex on his part, not just good memories lust. Well, if she's pregnant, fat chance she will ever let him be a "caretaker" for that child!
    Interesting that all the Walkers are INSTANTLY so happy for Kitty... come on, surely they can see that the timing on this is awful.

FORT Fogey

I totally agree - outstanding acting by both Rachel and Sally last night in that scene - and such a heart breaking storyline. But in my outrage at Joe, I got myself wondering -- do I despise what he did, or despise it just because I'm seeing it through Sarah's eyes? If Sarah were the one, upon realizing that her marriage was falling apart, who decided to go for custody because it wasn't fair to the kids to be shuffled back and forth, would I be mad? If she'd made the calls first to line up character witnesses, would I be mad? I don't think I would be. To me, that just goes to show how well written the whole story is.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And of course because we are still not used to the gender role reversal...somehow he's lazy for not working outside the home, him being the primary caretaker doesn't count... if it was the reverse I think we'd feel much more in favor of the primary caretaker having the kids' physical custody. For her to only see them every other weekend seems really harsh though... hopefully something more even can be worked out... though not with barracuda lawyers involved. Maybe a mediator?

Another excellent show.

I shed a tear or two when the children were taken away. I can understand what he did and why BUT I think what I have an issue with is the very underhanded way he went about it. It was as if he were punishing her, maybe if he had been more up front about it (planning it for a whole month?) then it wouldn't have struck me as so wrong. Plus.. is that his ex-wifes house? How cozy (not). He is the one that cheated. He is the one that walked out. He is the one that had sex with her on the washer (and led her to think they were starting over). He is the one hiring barracuda lawyers and using underhanded techniques. Never liked that character and now I have even more of a reason to despise him. Poor Paige though.

The whole Kitty pregnancy thing and the way it spread through the family was funny and I couldn't help an AWWWW when Robert so solidly stood by her side.

I am not at all liking where this thing with Tommy is going. I wish they would let his character grieve the lost of his newborn and then the lost of his wife and daughter before they moved him on to a new relationship.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree about Tommy... maybe, as he's said, he's been suffering, too, with his depressed blaming wife and his own grief, but we haven't seen it, so for him to go right from telling his wife she's the love of his life to this seems nuts.
    Also depressed about the Justin story....

+ Reply to Thread