+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 129 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2623462;
    . . . I may be the only person who thinks that Saul is in denial.
    You're not the only one; I think he's in denial, too. He sets off my 'dar.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Rebecca seems to be searching where she belongs-she and Nora seem to have found their niche. Good for them. I couldn't do it. I'm not that forgiving.

Tommy-Did he or didn't he? Their clothes didn't seem to be too wrinkled. Is it possible that they just drank wine and talked? She seemed to be a "wild" friend of Rebecca's and maybe she instigated a little, but I don't think he would have taken her up on it unless she played the "well, it's not your fault your son died and your wife's so mean by taking your daughter and going back to her parents" card.

Saul - I don't know if he is or isn't now, but I sense something happened in his past w/Michael Nouri. Maybe they killed someone in a bar fight, maybe they were boyhood best friends, maybe they were spouse swappers.And maybe the stigma is too much for Saul and he believes that since he doesn't engage in homosexual acts now, he's not gay.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2625139;
    Saul - I don't know if he is or isn't now, but I sense something happened in his past w/Michael Nouri. Maybe they killed someone in a bar fight, maybe they were boyhood best friends, maybe they were spouse swappers.And maybe the stigma is too much for Saul and he believes that since he doesn't engage in homosexual acts now, he's not gay.
    famita,

You might be onto something there. There's something a little "off" in this storyline.. both in his interactions with Michael Nouri and with the way he non-verbally responded to Kevin's confrontation. Some kind of awkward discomfort at that party that could certainly be due to some kind of obligatory attendance. Almost as if MN might have some kind of hold over him. Hmmm....

Like I said above, I am really interested to see how the Saul/Kevin scenes develop.

FORT Fan

I think that Tommy and the secretary ended up having sex that night in the office. I hate that this storyline ahs taken such an awful turn. I was hoping that he and his wife would get back on track! Can't wait for next week!

I think they just drank wine and talked. Probably flirted, though, which gave off the "sex vibe."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I am going to predict that Rebecca is not related to this family but a product of another affair. Her mother is allowing the misconception because she wants into this family and the wine business.

It will be discovered when Justin needs a bone marrow transplant or something where DNA is involved.

I am ready to believe there is much more to Sauls story famita. Good call. They are leading us to outrage with the gay storyline but that is not it. Or only part of it.

Tommy's wife is an undeveloped character and expendable. We have not gotten attached to her so I predict that marriage is over and a tumble with his assitant will lead to much drama and perhaps major trouble.

In the pilot we saw Rachael Griffiths character interact with an old boyfriend and the scene was loaded with sexual tension. I am waiting for him to reappear. He is a handsome black man, don't know the actors name.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2627512;
    I am going to predict that Rebecca is not related to this family but a product of another affair. Her mother is allowing the misconception because she wants into this family and the wine business.
    It will be discovered when Justin needs a bone marrow transplant or something where DNA is involved.

I am ready to believe there is much more to Sauls story famita. Good call. They are leading us to outrage with the gay storyline but that is not it. Or only part of it.

Tommy's wife is an undeveloped character and expendable. We have not gotten attached to her so I predict that marriage is over and a tumble with his assitant will lead to much drama and perhaps major trouble.

In the pilot we saw Rachael Griffiths character interact with an old boyfriend and the scene was loaded with sexual tension. I am waiting for him to reappear. He is a handsome black man, don't know the actors name.
    Oh, great, then she and Justin can hook up.
    I hope you all are right about Saul. I just can't get past the affair or whatever it was with his dead brother-in-law's mistress if he's gay. There has to be some better explanation than denial at his age, and since the whole thing was secret anyway she wasn't even any use as a beard. I don't care if he's gay, I do care if the story telling is lousy.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2627512;
    If I'm remembering correctly, and I only saw the pilot once, he was a co-worker of Sarah's before she went to work for the family business. They acknowledged their mutual attraction but had never acted on it. She had a fight with Joe where he called her on it and she snapped back that sometimes she imagined she was with the co-worker when she was with Joe.

As for Saul and Michael Nouri's character, when Michael first showed up he referred to a weekend in Key West with the two of them as a special time. It was pretty clear to me from that first scene that we were moving in the Saul is gay direction. Frankly, despite the "friendship" with Rebecca's mother, I've always thought his character was set up to go in this direction. He's the persnickety, never married, well-dressed older man which plays into a stereotype of older, closeted gay male. Frankly, I think it would be more fun if he wasn't gay and there was some other mystery but the gay Saul storyline doesn't bother me.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2627719;
    Oh, great, then she and Justin can hook up.
    I hope you all are right about Saul. I just can't get past the affair or whatever it was with his dead brother-in-law's mistress if he's gay. There has to be some better explanation than denial at his age, and since the whole thing was secret anyway she wasn't even any use as a beard. I don't care if he's gay, I do care if the story telling is lousy.
    I agree. Since I like this show it is dragging me, kicking and screaming, into the gay story line. It would have been totally believable without this affair. I am ready to accept this and chalk it up to ignorant writing. Something else is going on though. I suppose that is a no brainer since a drama series always offers more.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like the "I'm in full-blown denial" gay story line for Saul, since it would tie in with his gay nephew's story line. I don't remember having ever seen this particular story line in another show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread