+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 129 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Maybe I'm a cold hearted bitch but I would have been pissed at both of them. Joe and Rebecca. You do not hurt one of my children like that and expect me to forgive and welcome you into the family with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2613563;
    I understand as a drug user that Justin doesn't want to take pain killers. But can't he take them as perscribed and then go through rehab when he is healed enough to not need them. Since he is now willing to admit that he's an addict and doesn't want an addiction I don't see him having such a hard time kicking the habit when he can. Him finally decideing to take them would have been more believeable if he had been writhering around in pain rather then the way he was when he finally conceded to take them.
    That's right -- there are more empowering models of recovery (that is, recovery models that are not based on the 12-step program) in which it is believed that a person can indeed exercise control over any given substance, use it correctly and/or in moderation, and not automatically get sucked back into uncontrollable addiction.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The obvious reason why they chose to not have Justin use an alternative pain medicine is because then they wouldn't be able to show the "drama" of him dealing with being re-addicted to pills by the haranguing of his mother.

No way in heck would I have accepted Rebecca into the family. Not only is she the daughter of the woman my spouse had a secret 20 year affair with and the woman is now repeatedly throwing in my face but she also broke up my child's marriage. Holly and Rebecca would never be allowed anywhere near my home or family and I think its completely wrong of all of them that they don't understand why Sarah is so hurt by their acceptance and why they are sort of upset with Kitty for not going along with them. Kitty is really the only one who is handling Rebecca in a realistic way.

FORT Fogey

This is a good show but it will have ups and downs as the plot lines change. Justin's story line already grates. I just don't find it entertaining to watch someone struggle with addictions. This information is everywhere, enough already.

I, too, am stunned that Nora is embracing Rebecca because of the part she played in the ruin of her daughters marriage. Clearly the marriage was crumbling and Rebecca's part was small, but still. Without that detail I could buy it.

I guess we are all going to have to swallow Saul being gay or stop watching. It is definately headed this way, sigh.

As with any drama, the plot lines are going to be totally unbelievable at times, like moving back with mom and dad after you lose a baby! oy.

I will stick with it though. There is enough keeping me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2621646;
    I guess we are all going to have to swallow Saul being gay or stop watching. It is definately headed this way, sigh.
    I guess I will have to stop watching despite my admiration for the talents of Sally Field and Ron Rifkin. Even they can do only so much with bad writing. How else can one convey disappointment with how a wonderful show is deteriorating?

The Saul story is beyond ridiculous. Sally's character that started as an intelligent, witty, strong though interfering, family woman has deteriorated into a whiny, weepy, mess of a woman who has almost overnight dropped all of her beliefs and lets everyone else control her.

I might watch it online to see if it will improve to where I can go back to being a devoted fan.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Hmmm... I don't even know how to respond to the above, as I don't feel that those comments describe the show that I'm watching at all. And that fact confuses me.

I still think the writing of this show is spot-on solid to the point that I am thrilled at the end of each and every show. Last night's opening segment was the pure family chaos that I absolutely love and each actor had impeccable timing.

While I don't necessarily agree with making Saul another gay character, I do see now where they are going to go with it regarding the dynamic between Kevin and Saul. We needed a more meaty storyline for both characters and the tension developing between them last night appears to be it. I cannot wait to see where they each take it.

Sally Field's character, to me, is exactly what she has always been.. a harpy, overprotective mother hen. Would I like her to have more serious scenes like she did at the beginning of season one? Sure, but what she is now isn't any different than what she was. And as annoying as I found her in the first half of last night's episode I absolutely love how it ended. She was calm, doled out her motherly advice when asked, and then went off with her masseuse.

FORT Fogey

^^^^I like Nora, too, and see her as I did from the start. We all have many facets to our personalities and we are seeing a fully developed character in Nora. Even the strong have moments of weakness and fear. I think the part is well written and Sally is doing a fabulous job.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I'm glad they brought up the "my uncle had a thing with my father's mistress so he can't be gay" issue....not that they resolved it... and boy, does it sound icky put that way. I still think it is a leap.
    And boy, the "good son" sure fell off that high horse easily... so much for his wife being the love of his life. Yes, he's feeling beaten up/down, but good grief....
    and of course the druggie son is back into the drugs....

FORT Fan

I was really disappointed they decided to get back to Justin having a drug problem.How long are they gonig to drag out this plot? Why can't they just think of a more creative story for Justin.
    And is Saul really straight or just in denial,or bisexual?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With the problem that Justin has, I think this story line is exactly the direction that a real druggie could head in. I think it's right on target.

I may be the only person who thinks that Saul is in denial.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread