+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 129 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2593348;
    As a partial aside...how much would that suck if the son dies exactly a year to the date of his father?
    If I were Kitty, I wouldn't ever celebrate my birthday again, regardless. Kitty's Birthday curse.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I think it's odd when Holly shows up to the get-togethers.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I think that was near perfect premiere to the new season
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Just recently started watching and it must have been my night to get all teary eyed, but when they all kind of "lost it" in their own little ways at the end, that was it. Hello tears. It's such a cute show and I'm glad I started wathcing this summer.

I hate that we still don't know what happened to Justin with the IED. The previews for next week are a little misleading if you ask me. Kitty could be only there because of Robert (He's a senator running for president and Kitty is his fiancess/assistant) and the hands we saw taking the flag may not have been Nora's. Can I just say that IMO, Tommy (is that his name? The one married to Julia) was kind of being insensitive the whole episode. Insensitive to Julia and insensitive to Sarah. Let's talk about Julia first. Tommy and Julia just lost one of their twins and yet he doesn't seem to understand or really care very much why she's so dispondent (At the same time, Julia needs to realize that she's not the only one who lost a baby. It was Tommy's son, too). For him to get upset with her when she doesn't feel up to a big Walker get together is completely insensitive. He had no right to try and imply that Nora knows what Julia's going through because like Julia said, Nora's never lost a baby. Justin (as far as we know right now) is still alive. Now to Sarah. The only reason I say he was insensitive to Sarah is that he really had no right blabbing Sarah's passionate night with the family. It wasn't his place. He should've kept his mouth shut. Okay there is another reason I say he was insensitive. When Sarah asked his opinion about whether he thought it meant Joe wanted to get back together, he blew her off. Suddenly his work is more important than his own sister except when it's convienient for him. Okay. Rant over.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I think it's too obvious from the preview to be Justin being dead. Maybe it's the mom that Nora has been texting and that's why we were shown her texting the military mothers.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2593621;
    Now to Sarah. The only reason I say he was insensitive to Sarah is that he really had no right blabbing Sarah's passionate night with the family. It wasn't his place. He should've kept his mouth shut. Okay there is another reason I say he was insensitive. When Sarah asked his opinion about whether he thought it meant Joe wanted to get back together, he blew her off. Suddenly his work is more important than his own sister except when it's convienient for him.
    This points out the differences between men and women when it comes to sex. Basically, it's more a mechanical/biological thing for men, but is more of an emotional investment for women. I kept waiting for Sarah's husband to say that he was living with/involved with somebody else when she told him that she wanted him to move back in. He was extremely hesitant for a reason. I think he will be requesting a divorce. I do think it was wrong of him to have sex with her. During a very honest conversation, a married friend (man) once told me, "We (men) are going to try to get it wherever/whenever we can." So, in essence, he was telling me that it's about the act, not the feelings. That's a bit depressing, but I thinking he was speaking from a place of truth. Biology is what it is, I guess. As a woman, I say.....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think (hope) that Norah is at a funeral for one of the mothers, not for Justin. I think we will see some shake up going on this season. I think Michael Nouri is Saul's bed buddy from the past-maybe they were holed up somewhere away from the world and it just happened, but the buddy wants to continue the affair now.

Thank god for this show. It's the best thing on Sunday nights.

FYI... I just stumbled upon a Brothers and Sisters writers blog over at TVGuide.com. Hopefully they keep this up.

prhoshay.... I think Tommy blabbing Sarah's news re: sex with Joe was also just purely indicative of this family as a whole. There were so many episodes last season that centered around the fact that what you told one member... they all knew within the day. I remember the telephone scene being one of the most hilariously written.. where Kevin, Sarah, and Kitty were all on the phone telling each other each other's secrets (Kitty hidden in the closet...) on different lines. I about died.

+ Reply to Thread