+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 129 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Ok Michael Nouri (sp) was just too creepy. The whole gay Saul thing was too unbelieveable. Saul was crazy for Holly and in the entire year there was nothing to even remotely insinuate that he was in the closet.

Furthermore even idea of the two of them together gives me nightmares. TMI TMI
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2408277;
    Ok Michael Nouri (sp) was just too creepy.
    I've been wondering where I've seen him - then it hit me, he played Dr. Roberts on The OC (which by the way I was mad the show didn't have him walk Summer down the aisle in the final episode). He looked taller than I remembered

Yeah, after the way Saul went after Holly, the whole rendevous in Key West story seems like something the writers have come up with last minute. Unless he was trying hard to have a hetero relationship because he's in denial?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That was an interesting twist. Apparently, Nouri wasn't out back when he and Saul were friends 'back in the day', but sounds like they had an encounter(s).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2407915;
    Julian... I believe that you didn't intend it to be so, but this post is offensive on so many levels. There is not an "average" gay guy any more than there is an "average" heterosexual guy.. and all gay men that I know are completely and utterly normal... no "but"s about it.

I'm sorry, that's exactly what I meant. TV tends to portray homosexuals in a non-normal way and I love how in this show, they are showing the 'other' or 'true' side of homosexuality.

Has this been a season or what?!
    My favorite moment that left me bawling-the airport. I was sooo ticked at the ticket agent (who, I know, was just doing her job) and Norah and Kitty being devastated because they can't get through and he just pops up while Norah's leaving a phone message.

As for Michael Nouri and Saul, who knows what happens in the past. I personally do not like Michael Nouri, but I think his character is going to put Saul through some hurting.

I thought it interesting that Rebecca told Justin about her past fling(s) with older men. It almost seemed like she was going to say she started it.

I love the two different families getting together and the tent collapsing-it had to be! The brother being a minister was a hoot to me. I love the way this show handles homosexuality- more matter of fact than the stereotypical "just Jack" farce.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Definitely got me looking forward to next season.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Maybe Saul's bi. I agree he definitely seemed interested in Holly...and he's really too old to be fooling himself that he's totally straight if he's gay. And in that family why would he hide it still? His interest in Holly wasn't as a beard in any way, in fact it was secret, especially from his family, since at that point either they didn't know about her or they hated her.

I totally agree with many of you about the Saul situation. I just did not see it coming. Why would they make a man whose family has nothing against gay, stayed in the closet and secretly fall in love with a woman for over a decade and then suggested he could be gay or bi in his 60s (or 50s)?

Although it makes a great twist and probably does good to the story overall, I still need some clarifications. It just doens't make sence.

I really hope Kiddie and the Senator get married. They are so adorable together.

The season finale was great! It still left us with some unanaswered questions and problems, a surprise or two, and was fun to see how really strange some of the senator's family really is. It will be great to pick up next season. Two thumbs up!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2408364;
    I've been wondering where I've seen him - then it hit me, he played Dr. Roberts on The OC (which by the way I was mad the show didn't have him walk Summer down the aisle in the final episode). He looked taller than I remembered

Yeah, after the way Saul went after Holly, the whole rendevous in Key West story seems like something the writers have come up with last minute. Unless he was trying hard to have a hetero relationship because he's in denial?
    I missed the first half of the show last night and was curious about the whole Saul and that other guy thing, and at first I thought that it was a dumb storyline, but in reality gay men of that generation were/are far more likely to live a more closeted existence, so it could be an honest portrayal of an older man coming to terms with his sexuality. But I have to agree with Veruka, that I am tired of Kevin hooking up with every gay character on the show. What's next, Kevin and Saul's ex-boyfriend?
    The show has become less histrionic than it was in the beginning, but I wish there would be a little less drama and plot twists each episode, and more time developing the characters.
    At least I haven't wanted to put a Valium in Sally Field's coffee for awhile. And families are strange in that they may be o.k. with a certain member being gay but not another, and even if they are the most tolerant family around, internalized homophobia still even now plays a major part in people staying in the closet.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 05-21-2007 at 07:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread