+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 129 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2358406;
    I don't necessarily see Rebecca as the instigator; I think it was completely mutual, and not like she led Mr. Justin-busybody to believe. And I think that her mother sees her more for whom she is, and what she may be trying to do....not that she will admit it right now. Great episode!
    Not that Joe is innocent, he did respond to her "messages", but she put a lot of them out there... she likes older men, the line about his hands being strong and soft, gazing into his eyes.... so I'd definitely go so far as to call her the instigator. Yes, he finally took the step of leaning in for the kiss but it was very clear she was willing before he did. He'd never have done that if she hadn't laid the groundwork. And then of course she responded eagerly... unless we are supposed to think that was all Joe's fantasy of her response. So I definitely fault Joe for giving into temptation, but if what we saw was what happened Rebecca is totally lying to the family about what went on--no way is she the shocked little innocent who had no idea what was happening--in fact she clearly wanted more to happen and Joe said no.
    I agree her mom does see her for who she is, and what she's trying to do....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now, I didn't say that Joe was innocent. I saw mutuality. Joe had an obligation to his wife to never let it get that far. He could have stopped that train before it ever left the station...but it would appear that he chose not to. Nobody made him do anything. He was strictly a volunteer, and he was acting pretty guilty with his wife, later. He knew he was in trouble! She was definitely wrong, but I think his obligation was much higher than hers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2358800;
    Now, I didn't say that Joe was innocent. I saw mutuality. Joe had an obligation to his wife to never let it get that far. He could have stopped that train before it ever left the station...but it would appear that he chose not to. Nobody made him do anything. He was strictly a volunteer, and he was acting pretty guilty with his wife, later. He knew he was in trouble! She was definitely wrong, but I think his obligation was much higher than hers.
    Totally agree. Although of course is she were really trying to be part of the family hers would be pretty high as well.

Agreed, agreed! He had already gotten her suspicion up concerning the other woman that he was "giving a lesson" when she walked in on them, not knowing that he had a student. It annoyed me when he tried to deflect his wrongdoing by bringing up that Noah guy. I just wanted to kick him in the shin! He got exactly what he deserved by starting that conversation!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

okay, so I totally bawled my eyes out last night. It's interesting they named the baby William and then he died.

I guess the Senator is coming clean.

I don't like the Sara/Joe relationship saga. I actually don't care for Sara much.

I almost think theyre making too much of Sara/Joe. I don't care. Either he's a lech or he's misunderstood. He is taking it like a man, though. I cried about William, also. I thought it was beautifully written with an odd bent. I also think the Senator will come clean in a clean way. I actually think his moral character is good and look how long he's visited the VA hospital without the media catching on.

Joe's a loser. Although she has her quirks (with that family that puts the "fun" in dys"fun"ctional, who wouldn't?), Sara's a saavy, classy businesswoman -- and he's a schlump. She can do much better.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

He may be a "schlump", but they have two small children. I think a "kiss" is hardly a reason to split up. It is just so easy to divorce these days... oops, don't like you anymore.. time to move on. I think it would be a better plot to see them work through all their issues. They may split in the end, but this is really too quick.
    Tahoe bound....

I agree with you that the divorce would be too quick given the nature of the circumstances. Divorce is taken way too lightly in this country...and that is coming from a divorced woman who is glad she did. Sara has trust issues with her husband, at this point. There is not only the kiss, but there was the time when she walked in on him and some woman that she did not know having a "guitar lesson"...in her own home. They most certainly do need serious help, at this point. Once or twice at the counselor is not going to cut it.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Didn't joe pretty much denounce his relationship with Sarah by saying that he didn't really want what they had or something to the like? It was a very, "well you wanted it" sentiment and it turned me off.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread