+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 129 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2266146;
    Thanks maxkl. What I didn't see was what happened before that to lead up to that conversation.
    I only saw the first few minutes of the show before I fell asleep, so I'm not sure if this covers it all or not ... But in the first scene with those two, Kitty woke up and he was reading the paper, upset about an editorial that said another presidential candidate was being hurt by his overweight 13 year old daughter, because voters didn't want to see a fat first daughter. He lamented about how hard a campaign would be on his kids, especially piled on with going through a divorce. Then he started talking about the problems that a campaign will place on his and Kitty's relationship, telling her they'd never be able to have a "normal" relationship. She said they could, and they started making out ... which was normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2266146;
    Thanks maxkl. What I didn't see was what happened before that to lead up to that conversation.
    Right before that moment Kitty, Sarah, Joe, and the Senator had gone out to dinner. Kitty had just discovered that Sarah had kept the big secret of their father's daughter from her. The dinner turned into a major vent session and the men had to remove themselves for awhile.

So when Kitty and the Senator got back to his place, she was still feeling very overwhelmed with everything. So he was reaching out to her to tell her that she needed something in her life that made her feel good, tying it in to the earlier discussion that Veruka mentioned, and he was doubting that he would be able to provide her that. But she surprised him, and herself, I would imagine, by confirming that he did make her feel good. Despite the shaky (in perception) nature of their relationship, he's the most stable influence she has at the moment.
    Last edited by Broadway; 03-05-2007 at 03:23 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Thanks Veruka and Broadway. Btw, I thought the scene between Sally Field and Sarah was extraordinarily well acted. The actors really make this show.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

The main writer of Everwood... which had fantastic writing, was Greg Berlanti and he is the main writer for this show... that explains Emily VanCamp being cast here as well as Treat showing up as the contractor and who knows who else will show up from the old Everwood cast.

Everwood was not nearly as "racy" but very insightful. He's kicked it up a notch in this show. I think the writing is getting better and tighter with each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2266231;
    Btw, I thought the scene between Sally Field and Sarah was extraordinarily well acted. The actors really make this show.
    I thought the acting in that scene was superb! When Salley Fields turned around and just stood there giving Sarah "the look", and then Sarah got that "Oh crap I'm in trouble" look. And then when it dawns on her that her mom knows. OMG! Just excellent acting!

FORT Fanatic
    Sorry I didn't answer your question Mariner... guess I should have read it as what happened before that moment!! Thanks to Broadway and Veruka for answering it!!

Love this show!!!

Alright.... can someone read the article that's linked at TV News, TV Buzz, TV Celebrity Gossip - AOL Television Down towards the lower right there's a link that says something about Brothers and Sisters...is interest fading in this show?

I can't read it here at work. I hope the ratings aren't somehow suffering as the writing is getting better and better.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2267174;
    Alright.... can someone read the article that's linked at TV News, TV Buzz, TV Celebrity Gossip - AOL Television Down towards the lower right there's a link that says something about Brothers and Sisters...is interest fading in this show?

I can't read it here at work. I hope the ratings aren't somehow suffering as the writing is getting better and better.
    I clicked on it, and it's just a link to the discussion board about the show. There's nothing in there regarding the trends of the ratings for the show.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Broadway - it's a message board and the most recent posts were about Kevin and the soap guy and should they be kissing on tv. It's not an article about interest going away in the show.
    ETA: Oops! Veruka and I posted at the same time!

Personally, I think the show gets better every week. I think the acting is terrific, the writing gets better every week and the storylines continue to evolve. They had Calista and Rob on the front of TV Guide too - so I hope that means the show is on a track to be renewed. Love it!

No worries. It's a link to the AOL message boards. The debate seems to be about whether people want to see two gay men kissing on tv.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread