+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 129 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2176623;
    As usual, the women are catching all of the emotional hell in this situation. Nora, Sara, Rebecca, Holly......Dear old dad, who should really have caught a huge amount of flack about all of this, conveniently, dies...leaving Holly to take the full blame for the affair, and the baby. Rebecca will be left with a feeling of abandonment, and confusion.

Sara will come around when she can, but I think she's doing fairly well, considering. Nora is doing what is best for her...in an amazing way. Nora had taken back control of her life by choosing to forgive Holly. That doesn't mean the drama is over!
    Hmm, I wonder if the diabetes storyline has more meaning to it than we are aware yet. Perhaps Holly's daughter, Rebecca, also has diabetes. Paige (is that Sara's daughter's name?) is having a hard time coming to terms with her diabetes and perhaps down the line we'll find out Rebecca has it too and she may wind up becoming a source of information and comfort.

Or maybe I'm just armchair writing again

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I really enjoyed this night's show. The epitome was the family session where the family starts yelling at each other and placating and just being loud, and the social worker is just about gaping and agog with disbelief!

The family group session was hilarious! Especially when the druggie brother (I'm forgetting their names because there are so many of them!) confessed to selling the other brothers Star Wars toy for drugs.

I felt bad for Nora for not fitting into the company work environment but Holly did. I think it will be interesting to see her input.

Rob Lowe has been signed on for the rest of the season so I can't wait to see how that plays out. I wonder if his gay brother will hook up with Kitty's brother.

I really enjoy this show and I didn't even plan to watch it when it first started. I'm glad I did.

I think the senator's brother and Kevin will indeed hook-up, but what I'm really looking forward to is Rebecca's entrance, and the siblings reactions. I'm guessing it will happen during February sweeps. In many ways I like this show because it's not another CSI, Law and Order, Without A Trace crime show, but it often feels very emotionally manipulative. I wish they'd just be a little more subtle. And I have to remind myself I'm watching a show about a bunch of multi-millionaires. Surprisingly, Calista has become my favorite, but I hope it doesn't become the Calista/Lowe Show. And what happened to Kevin's boyfriend, busy catering for the Christmas season, or did the network find him too gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander;2199235;
    I think the senator's brother and Kevin will indeed hook-up, but what I'm really looking forward to is Rebecca's entrance, and the siblings reactions. I'm guessing it will happen during February sweeps. In many ways I like this show because it's not another CSI, Law and Order, Without A Trace crime show, but it often feels very emotionally manipulative. I wish they'd just be a little more subtle. And I have to remind myself I'm watching a show about a bunch of multi-millionaires. Surprisingly, Calista has become my favorite, but I hope it doesn't become the Calista/Lowe Show. And what happened to Kevin's boyfriend, busy catering for the Christmas season, or did the network find him too gay.
    If I remember correctly, Kevin and his boyfriend broke up and are no more. Sadness. There was a dinner, an awards-type dinner I think - or something similar - around Christmas time, and Kevin wanted his boyfriend to go with him. However, as it turned out, his boyfriend was actually working that event. Kevin offered to pay him what he would have made working it so that he could go with him, and a big fight ensued. They did finally reconcile on just a "friendly" note after his boyfriend won the suit that Kevin was fighting in court for him, but it was rather sad because it was obviously over and Kevin knew it was his fault.

I, too, really really like this show. I have always loved Sally Field, but Calista Flockhart has never been too high on my list. Surprisingly, I really like her in this.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I, too, really really like this show. I have always loved Sally Field, but Calista Flockhart has never been too high on my list. Surprisingly, I really like her in this.
    I feel the same way. Never was much of a fan but I think Calista is great on this show.

The one area of the show I just can't get over is Holly. I really don't know why it bothers me so bad as I've never been cheated on but it does. Everytime she acts offended or like she "deserves" something I wish I could reach through the TV and slap her down. If I was one of the family members I would have taken a hit out on her by now.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2199840;
    I feel the same way. Never was much of a fan but I think Calista is great on this show.

The one area of the show I just can't get over is Holly. I really don't know why it bothers me so bad as I've never been cheated on but it does. Everytime she acts offended or like she "deserves" something I wish I could reach through the TV and slap her down. If I was one of the family members I would have taken a hit out on her by now.
    I agree completely about Holly! It's the sense of entitlement that she has that just grates on every nerve in my body. :nono And, since when do board members get offices? Maybe I just don't understand big business, but I didn't know that board members automatically got to call the shots and decide if they wanted to work there and whether or not they should have an office, regardless of what their business experience or credientials might be. I just don't get it.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    They get offices when they are very major stockholders and demand it! Major stockholders have a lot of power.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

And we're not talking about the typical board member. She refuses to go away and made it clear that if she didn't get an office that she would sell her share to one of their competitors. She is not honoring the wishes of the dad by ingratiating herself into their lives. I hope they don't allow her to continuously hold the threat of selling out over their heads.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I would tell Holly to take a walk, if that were my family. How many times can you let yourself be emotionally blackmailed?! I do like Patricia Wettig, though. I just enjoy watching all the family dynamics-very interesting!

+ Reply to Thread