+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2175094;
    The person to be mad at is dead and there's nothing that can be done about it but move on. So staying mad is useless at this point.
    Exactly! That's the lesson Sarah REALLY needs to learn.

Bitterness?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2174988;
    Sara, however, still has a ways to go to move beyond her bitterness. Baby steps... can't have it all, eh?
    Don't you think that the bitterness is a bit justified and understandable? I think Sara said it best when she said he didn't just cheat on their mother, he cheated on all of them. Sara gets to be angry and shame on Holly for having a 20 year affair. That gets no respect in my book.:nono

I don't know-I kind of see Sara's point. That was time that their father chose to stay away from their family, for whatever reason. Yes, he might have loved 2 women, but he shortchanged his first family's time in order to find out that he actually loved Holly. No, it wasn't Holly's fault that he loved her, but she also chose to see a married man. I think anyone who could and would forgive is a saint. I don't think I have that in me.

FORT Fogey
    I think that Sara's anger is absolutely justified, it's just completely misguided. Both the business and personal (discovering her father had an affair) problems that she's facing were caused by her father. He is the one she should be angry at.

Oh Veruka, on all levels I agree with you, especially the business level. They should not have lied about the payoff. But I'm sure she feels that her father, who wronged her family with the other woman, should not have given the other woman a chance to cash in on a third (!) of the property. Who was she to think that he should even leave her anything in his will? I say, take the money and run. You're darned lucky to get that. As to being a stockholder, no way. You didn't earn it. Especially not being a family member.

I wouldn't want to be in Sara's position. She's between a rock and a hard place.

I wonder if their father actually did know that Holly had a little girl and that's why he gave her $10million. Holly may not have been so smart as to keep her daughter so well-hidden.

I feel bad for Nora as well. To find out that your husband's mistress meant that much would be earth-shattering.

Glad Nora's son managed to get six months. The argument was pretty good in front of the judge.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2175995;
    I think that Sara's anger is absolutely justified, it's just completely misguided. Both the business and personal (discovering her father had an affair) problems that she's facing were caused by her father. He is the one she should be angry at.
    I agree completely.

I do feel that Sara's anger is 100% justified and do not blame her at all for having her feelings. But I also feel that she does need to take steps to move on. Not forgive, but just learn how to deal with those feelings. And, to some degree, I feel that if Nora can come to terms with the relationship and act civilly towards Holly, then so can Sara. Easier said, I know, but I do wish she'd take the baby steps.

misskitty.... the father definitely knew that he had a little girl. After all, Rebecca's name was part of his password, remember? I just think that Holly kept the secret from Rebecca.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Could you imagine being Rebecca? How UNFAIR of Holly not to let her know her siblings! Weird situation of course, but still unfair of her not to know.

I'm glad Justin got 6 months - I wonder where that will go (of course since *I* like the show, it will be a cliffhanger and the show won't come back Happens with everything I watch!)

I'm with you Broadway - Sara does need to follow her Mom's lead and take a step toward dealing with this. It's not going away.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2176587;
    Could you imagine being Rebecca? How UNFAIR of Holly not to let her know her siblings! Weird situation of course, but still unfair of her not to know.
    There is another side to that. I actually have a friend who was in a somewhat related situation to what Rebecca would be in. Her mother left her father when she was very young, and she found out years later (as an adult) that the girl she'd always thought was her cousin was actually her half-sister. She was absolutely devestated, thinking that showed that her mother really did want to be a mother - just not to her. While you're right that Rebecca may feel robbed of the chance to know her siblings, she may also feel very hurt that her father chose his other family instead of her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    As usual, the women are catching all of the emotional hell in this situation. Nora, Sara, Rebecca, Holly......Dear old dad, who should really have caught a huge amount of flack about all of this, conveniently, dies...leaving Holly to take the full blame for the affair, and the baby. Rebecca will be left with a feeling of abandonment, and confusion.

Sara will come around when she can, but I think she's doing fairly well, considering. Nora is doing what is best for her...in an amazing way. Nora had taken back control of her life by choosing to forgive Holly. That doesn't mean the drama is over!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread