+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2676116117118119120121122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1288

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Calista isn't leaving the show. She just asked for more time off this season.

I actually stopped watching a while ago, maybe around Thanksgiving. It's become more of the same and I'm just kind of over it. I watched sporadically last season and for the first part of this season and then I realized, after weeks of not watching, that I didn't really miss it. I used to enjoy the Fighting Walker Schtick, but now I'm bored with it. I like many of the actors on the show, but some of the story lines have gotten a bit preposterous. I hope they get back on track, because I used to really enjoy this show Then again, maybe it's just run its course.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Balthazar Getty was written off the show a while back because of all the drama over his affair with Sienna Miller. I read at least one interview with a fellow cast member who clearly was not happy about the fact that he was so openly cheating on his wife. They never said for sure that his behavior lead to his character being written out, but the timing was pretty convenient.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Eastcoastmom;4145092;]Have I missed something? Has Calista said she wants out of the show? Yes, that was Robert's ex-wife with whom Kitty left Evan to visit his half-siblings. The actress who plays her looks very familiar but I can't quite place where I know her. Two and a Half Men?[/QUOTE]

Yes, she plays Alan's ex-wife. I also remember her from something else before that, but can't remember what show it was.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4145113;
    Calista isn't leaving the show. She just asked for more time off this season.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Balthazar Getty was written off the show a while back because of all the drama over his affair with Sienna Miller.
    I read at least one interview with a fellow cast member who clearly was not happy about the fact that he was so openly cheating on his wife. They never said for sure that his behavior lead to his character being written out, but the timing was pretty convenient.

This, yes.
    Too bad about Calista not leaving permanently...she just bugs me.

Yes, she plays Alan's ex-wife. I also remember her from something else before that, but can't remember what show it was.
    Thanks, Lucky.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Ooh, that's interesting that Tommy's new girl is a broker and Nora has been thinking about selling/moving.

(Just now watching yesterday's ep.)
    [sarcasm] Oh yeah. Justin's stable and ready for an adult relationship. [/sarcasm]

And guessing that Olivia is trying to hide that she's functionally illiterate -- and has become quite good at it, since the social worker (who seems to know everything about everyone) is apparently clueless. Or hiding that fact, too, in order to get Olivia adopted out.
    Last edited by Ellen; 01-17-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Rose strikes me as a creepy stalker type.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4150479;
    Rose strikes me as a creepy stalker type.
    Agreed!

I kept yelling at the screen, she can't read people! I cannot believe it took them that long to figure it out.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Loved Beau Bridges on the show last night. He and Nora are great together, and I'm glad that apparently he'll be back soon. It was pretty funny when everybody gagged upon learning that Joaquin was in the muffins! Looks like Kitty will be back on the next episode, too. Working for the CIA??

Anyone watching? I knew it was a matter of time before Scotty and Kevin's world came crashing down. I hate that they played the "gay couple" isn't a good place for a kid to be raised card.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread