+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2575115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1288

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

I was surprised at all the changes since I stopped watching last season. I had no idea Robert had died. Also, the bickering between them, reminds me of my brothers and sisters, only we use text.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;4141435;
    I was surprised at all the changes since I stopped watching last season. I had no idea Robert had died. Also, the bickering between them, reminds me of my brothers and sisters, only we use text.
    Yeah... Robert went into a coma and Kitty kept him alive with machines for a long time... but finally pulled the plug at the start of the season. Supposedly a year elapsed between the end of one season and the beginning of the next, so everyone has kind of gotten "over" the traumas at the end of last season and moved on to new loves/approaches to life. Kevin and Scotty are adopting after the surrogate failure, Kitty is already on her second affair with an unlikely guy, Sarah's husband has a career as a model that takes him all over the world, Justin has given up on Rebecca (she divorced him) and started dating, etc. Holly got severe brain damage in the car crash so that she can't remember a lot from before, especially emotions. So she knows Rebecca is her daughter a lot of the time, but can't summon up motherly feelings. She's maybe slightly improving. Tommy is in limbo stalking his ex-wife and kid when last heard from.

Sometimes I completely forget that a year's supposed to have passed because they all seem to be stuck. There often appears to be a lack of forward momemtum in their lives for episodes at a time and then alll of a sudden "bam" things have changed.

So I'm guessing Kitty is going through chemo again or some other form of treatment due to her cancer reoccuring. Guess she doesn't want her family to know but I'm sure one of them will figure it out.

And another Walker mystery is introduced . Wonder if William had an arranged marriage to Nora except Nora just didn't know it . I still don't think they adequately wrapped up the whole Narrow Lake thing. Something to do with water and did Sarah sell or not sell? They really built it up and then it just fizzled out without much fanfare. And is Holly and family really gone for good? Their storyline really did run its course. I'm still hoping for a Justin/Rebecca re-pairing down the road.

Something about the introduction of the doctor that helped Justin nags at me. Yeah, he might have feelings for whats her name but I'm thinking there's something more there. Evan's bio dad is white and his mother is a doctor at the hospital. He could be found to be Evan's dad, especially if they are going the route that Kitty sick. If Calista wants off the show and her character dies, Evan could be placed with Scotty and Kevin, Sarah or any of the Walkers OR he might wind up with his bio father? . Or the male doctor character could have been a one time appearance. Who knows with this show? Besides all the bickering, fighting and butting in....
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

Interesting speculations, ArchieCF. It also occurred to me that Kitty was going away to get cancer treatment. Kevin and Scotty might wind up with Evan in addition to Olivia, who, I hate to say, does not appeal to me as a new character so far. They changed her a little too much too quickly from the sweet affectionate girl at the foster kids' party, although I do understand that children in that situation are usually emotionally wounded, and it might not be obvious right away.

What about Tommy coming back? His new girlfriend (wife?) seemed rather obnoxious.

Glad Holly is finally gone! Funny how Nora "helped" her make up her mind to leave.

Don't know what to make of the old videos William had of Nora. Why would he have been spying on her? What do we know of Nora's family, besides Sol. Were they wealthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4143882;
    Don't know what to make of the old videos William had of Nora. Why would he have been spying on her?
    William Walker, the gift that keeps on giving.

It seems like whenever they're short on new ideas for this show they pull out William Walker & something else from his past that no one knows anything about.
    I kind of like this. When people die, often secrets come out now that they're no longer there to keep them secret.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Tommy looks sick in the previews. He is so thin..... I wasn't paying close attention when Kitty was talking about leaving so I assumed she had a job offer in Washington for a while. It didn't even dawn on me that her cancer might be back.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4144609;
    Tommy looks sick in the previews. He is so thin..... I wasn't paying close attention when Kitty was talking about leaving so I assumed she had a job offer in Washington for a while. It didn't even dawn on me that her cancer might be back.
    Who was the woman Kitty was dumping Evan with? Her dead husband's ex? A sister of Robert's? She looked familiar, but I"ve forgotten who she is. At first I thought Kitty was just going for a job interview for the day, but it seems to be something longer than that, hence all the subterfuge about what to do if someone called for her.Unless she wants these people to take Evan if she dies it would seem better for Evan to be left with one of her sibs or her mom, whom Kitty already knows. Why would she keep the cancer return a secret at this point? I guess if she wants out this would be a way to write both her and Evan off the show.

I agree about Tommy---I didn't recognize him at first. Maybe the actor has been sick and that's why he was written out for a while.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4144758;
    Who was the woman Kitty was dumping Evan with? Her dead husband's ex? A sister of Robert's? She looked familiar, but I"ve forgotten who she is. At first I thought Kitty was just going for a job interview for the day, but it seems to be something longer than that, hence all the subterfuge about what to do if someone called for her.Unless she wants these people to take Evan if she dies it would seem better for Evan to be left with one of her sibs or her mom, whom Kitty already knows. Why would she keep the cancer return a secret at this point? I guess if she wants out this would be a way to write both her and Evan off the show.

I agree about Tommy---I didn't recognize him at first. Maybe the actor has been sick and that's why he was written out for a while.
    I'm pretty sure that was Robert's ex ... those were his kids that Evan went to "visit." I wonder if Kitty does have a relapse and that's Calista's way of leaving the show, will Evan wind up with Scotty and Kevin, or Sarah, or Nora? Or will his bio mom resurface and want him back? Don't know if they would go there.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Have I missed something? Has Calista said she wants out of the show? Yes, that was Robert's ex-wife with whom Kitty left Evan to visit his half-siblings. The actress who plays her looks very familiar but I can't quite place where I know her. Two and a Half Men?

+ Reply to Thread