+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2474114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1288

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

I would hope the writers wouldn't be so callous as to get rid of Kitty's child because they can't think of ways to include him in scenes. They will probably just do what most shows do, and only show him every few weeks when they come up with an idea how to use him, and explain that he's on a playdate or sleepover the rest of the time.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

This show really doesn't seem to have any idea what to do with children. It started way back in the first few shows & just keeps going.
    1.) Joe had a son from his first marriage who was a sullen teen who gave Sarah some grief. He was only on for 1-2 episodes, then poof!!! No one ever spoke of him again.
    2.) Tommy & his wife had the little girl from Kevin as a sperm donor. As soon as the baby was born poof!!! His wife left him & moved far, far away.
    3.) Robert had 2 children from his first marriage who didn't like Kitty & gave her grief. Once again, only on for 1-2 episodes, then poof!!! Never to be spoken of again, even after they adopted Evan (you'd think they'd want to meet their brother), or when Robert died.
    4.) William Walker's illegitimate son. Granted, he was older & on for quite a few episodes, but poof!!! He's gone too, never to be spoken again.
    When they aged Evan far more than the supposed 1 year later thing, I figured they had plans for him, but it's starting to look like he's heading for poof!!! territory.

They really need to think these things out before they introduce story lines & characters, only to have them disappear & be erased from everyone's memories.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;4129699;
    This show really doesn't seem to have any idea what to do with children. It started way back in the first few shows & just keeps going.
    1.) Joe had a son from his first marriage who was a sullen teen who gave Sarah some grief. He was only on for 1-2 episodes, then poof!!! No one ever spoke of him again.
    2.) Tommy & his wife had the little girl from Kevin as a sperm donor. As soon as the baby was born poof!!! His wife left him & moved far, far away.
    3.) Robert had 2 children from his first marriage who didn't like Kitty & gave her grief. Once again, only on for 1-2 episodes, then poof!!! Never to be spoken of again, even after they adopted Evan (you'd think they'd want to meet their brother), or when Robert died.
    4.) William Walker's illegitimate son. Granted, he was older & on for quite a few episodes, but poof!!! He's gone too, never to be spoken again.
    When they aged Evan far more than the supposed 1 year later thing, I figured they had plans for him, but it's starting to look like he's heading for poof!!! territory.

They really need to think these things out before they introduce story lines & characters, only to have them disappear & be erased from everyone's memories.

Good points.

Did Sarah leave on a vacation or something? I didn't see her for the whole episode. Kevin and Scotty at the adoption fair: Too adorable! Kitty and the young kid, I hope they end that soon. She must have the most awesome nanny every to be sleeping with that guy whenever she feels like it. Nora.... I knew that the relationship wasn't going to work. How could they possibly have Nora happy in any way?? Justin and the nurse are cute but I can feel Rebecca coming back any minute now to ruin everything.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I was kind of surprised that Nora broke up with Carl. Seems two intelligent people, one of them a shrink and the other at least somewhat of a relationships expert (at least based in her radio show) could have worked it out somehow. Seems Carl was willing to try, but not Nora.

Looks like Scotty and Kevin are going to adopt that very sweet and kind little girl. Yay!

I think Sarah was mentioned during the show, but I don't remember who said what about her not being there.

I think Carl was smart to not insist on a re-try. Nora's obnoxious family will never change as regards to reigning it in when guests are in the house. Carl's "normal-ness" was a huge contrast to the Walker mess; he'd be wise to seek out either someone childfree or with a family without all the drama. He's a good catch -- I'm sure there's someone sane out there for him. And some handsome neurotic (or codependent) out there for Nora...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4137630;
    I was kind of surprised that Nora broke up with Carl. Seems two intelligent people, one of them a shrink and the other at least somewhat of a relationships expert (at least based in her radio show) could have worked it out somehow. Seems Carl was willing to try, but not Nora. Looks like Scotty and Kevin are going to adopt that very sweet and kind little girl. Yay!

I think Sarah was mentioned during the show, but I don't remember who said what about her not being there.
    I don't think Carl was willing to try, try to change and be more open to the drama, that is. He said he couldn't take it, and the only way it would work is if her family changed (fat chance at this point, all of them?), or if she basically dumped her kids... not really a good choice to force on someone. THey both made a surprisingly sensible decision given their current inflexibility on these issues. After all, they are older nd set in their ways.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4140065;
    I don't think Carl was willing to try, try to change and be more open to the drama, that is. He said he couldn't take it, and the only way it would work is if her family changed (fat chance at this point, all of them?), or if she basically dumped her kids... not really a good choice to force on someone. THey both made a surprisingly sensible decision given their current inflexibility on these issues. After all, they are older nd set in their ways.
    Carl and Nora obvious live in two different worlds, domestically speaking, and unfortunately Carl was not able to be very tolerant of Nora's family's behavior. However, I was appalled at the kids' behavior!!! I think it was extremely rude, self-indulgent, thoughtless, and insensitive of all of them to be arguing and bickering in front of a guest in their mother's home, someone they did not even know, and someone who happened to be very important to their mother.

Yes, of course Carl would eventually have to learn to deal with their behavior if he is going to be involved with Nora, but that would be an issue for the future. At their first meeting, it would have been so much more considerate of Nora's family if they could have handled their petty grievances privately for just one evening, and been a little more socially gracious to their guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4140190;
    ...At their first meeting, it would have been so much more considerate of Nora's family if they could have handled their petty grievances privately for just one evening, and been a little more socially gracious to their guest.
    Good luck with that! Nora's smothering has produced a crop of self-absorbed spoiled brats who are incapable of thinking past their own immediate wants.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4140277;
    Good luck with that! Nora's smothering has produced a crop of self-absorbed spoiled brats who are incapable of thinking past their own immediate wants.
    Seriously! It's interesting when you step back and think about all the storylines, more than half the family would probably be in prison in the real world for the things they've done and/or were negligent about. But on this show, they are The Walkers, so they have been justified in their actions every time because they were sticking up for each other in that oh-so-cute way they have.

And yet, I still watch, because of the A-list actors involved. Calista Flockhart is a gem, and Sally Field has a way of making any actor better while they are in a scene with her. She did the same thing for Maura Tierney on ER.

Now if B&S ended, and Field, Flockhart and Tierney teamed up on a new show, I'd be all set.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread