+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2373113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1288

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Where was Justin last night?

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4121345;
    Where was Justin last night?
    Apparently not having sex in the only half-price sex hotel in Pasadena?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

2 things...first, how much did Macy's pay for Justin to call out their "letter to Santa" program (athough the money does go to Make-a-Wish, so I can't be too hard on them) and have those Macy's bags so highly featured and second, I thought I was a grinch right now, but Sarah is shaming even me.

::fanfanfan:: They brought back Dr. Kildaire this week!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I tried to watch the show last night. It was diffcult as I found so much of the show so silly and uninteresting. I'm really not feeling this show anymore. Why are the writers wasting these great actors?

Did Kitty's brother adopt her son? She didn't seem to give him even once glance at the gathering for Christmas. She only had eyes for her young boyfriend. And she sat and looked at the Christmas Land houses all bored. Where was her son? I don't get it.
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-13-2010 at 11:22 AM.

FORT Fogey

That's one tolerant boyfriend Nora has to put up with all her inane rantings and fits about her grown-up children, especially when he was trying to take her on a nice romantic vacation. They haven't been together that long ... most men would probably feel like they don't need a relationship that is full of all that drama.

That was Kitty's son, Evan. Her brother was just holding his nephew for what we can assume was a little while at the Christmas gathering. Where was he when she was looking at the Christmas village? Napping, I guess. They don't show all the kids all the time. I think there are child labor laws that mandate how much time a toddler can be "working" on a TV show. They often use twins when they need to give them more screen time, like Lilly on Modern Family. Sarah's kids weren't on the show at all. They were said to be with their father for Christmas.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Was glad Saul mentioned something about Hanukkah as I was wondering what was all the hullabaloo about Christmas for the Walker family. Nora and Saul are Jewish but was William Walker, Christian? Were the Walker kids raised as Christians, too? Nora really does Christmas up big time and it's not even her holiday... oh, and I agree about Kitty and her seemingly lack of maternal feeling towards Evan. I don't know why it bugs me so much, but it does. I really hate Kitty's character. Yes, I feel bad that Robert died but there are other things besides having a man in your life at all times... she has a young son to raise. Shouldn't she be bringing Evan to see Santa and not pawning him off on baby brother? Arggghh!!!

FORT Fogey

I think the character of Evan has become somewhat of a problem or at least not on the radar for the writers. The story of Kitty and Robert adopting him made sense when Rob Lowe was sticking around, but once he wanted to leave and Kitty was left as a single mom, the focus has been more on her and her boyfriends ... two, so far, just in the last few months of the show. We're sort of reminded that Evan is still there, but he's really more of an impediment, or at least just not featured or important, right now in terms of storyline involving Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4125795;
    I think the character of Evan has become somewhat of a problem or at least not on the radar for the writers. The story of Kitty and Robert adopting him made sense when Rob Lowe was sticking around, but once he wanted to leave and Kitty was left as a single mom, the focus has been more on her and her boyfriends ... two, so far, just in the last few months of the show. We're sort of reminded that Evan is still there, but he's really more of an impediment, or at least just not featured or important, right now in terms of storyline involving Kitty.
    Yeah, I think they need to write him out. They could create a storyline that his adoption paperwork had a problem and he was really an abducted child whose biological parents want him back. It's too difficult for me to watch a mom who doesn't seem to have much concern for her child. Kitty should have been focusing on making her SON'S Christmas happy, and not so wrapped up in what SHE wants. IT's really sad.

The writers make create a storyline and don't think through how they will need to tend to it down the road. Like a drug addict in a family of drinkers, a diabetic child with no real follow-up of what it is like to deal with a Type I diabetic in your family. It's a big deal. They don't get it.

The biological mom did sign the papers in the hospital for Kitty and Robert to adopt the baby right? I remember a story line about Kitty messing up the adoption because she was being too "something" with the mom during the exams and then eventually the mom decided to let them adopt Evan. I'm so tired right now I hope this makes sense!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread