+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4100737;
    Anyone else find last night's episode boring? I kept finding things to do instead of watching the show.
    I fell asleep.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4097899;
    Not condoning cheating either, but honestly, if ANYBODY could drive someone to cheat it would be KEVIN! God, he is exasperating!!! All his self-loathing, self-loving, adolescent behavior, hysterics, and histrionics would drive me out of my mind!!!

Even so, the I love yous at the end were sweet.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4100737;
    Anyone else find last night's episode boring? I kept finding things to do instead of watching the show.
    I TIVO all my programs so I get to fast-forward through a lot of the boring stuff, like most of this last episode. Liked the last 15 minutes or so though, when all the storylines wrapped up. . .

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Did anyone else notice that no one took a sip of wine until there were only 10 minutes left? A friend and I keep track of how early the Walkers start drinking and this episode set the record!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They'd make a great drinking game show (even with their one AA family member)--if you kept up with the Walkers you probably wouldn't even remember any of the show endings!
    The one thing you can say is that while they do fight after drinking, they also fight sober....

I much prefer this series more than Desperate Housewives, these days. I enjoyed seeing the gay guy as a lead chef. And i was glad he sent the youngest brother home to avert a huge hormonal issue in the kitchen. The writers could've played that up much more, but then it would've been a little too predictable.

I missed something at the end, so I wasn't sure how the French boyfriend suddenly forgave his new-on-the-scene narcissistic mother. One scene showed them fighting, and the next scene showed him hugging her in the other room...

P.S. Can someone remind me what ever became of the huge water aquifer the Walkers found on their land (at the end of last season)? Did they get rich? Did they sell it or what?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4105720;
    I much prefer this series more than Desperate Housewives, these days. I enjoyed seeing the gay guy as a lead chef. And i was glad he sent the youngest brother home to avert a huge hormonal issue in the kitchen. The writers could've played that up much more, but then it would've been a little too predictable.

I missed something at the end, so I wasn't sure how the French boyfriend suddenly forgave his new-on-the-scene narcissistic mother. One scene showed them fighting, and the next scene showed him hugging her in the other room...

P.S. Can someone remind me what ever became of the huge water aquifer the Walkers found on their land (at the end of last season)? Did they get rich? Did they sell it or what?
    They had a big fight in the Walker kitchen, which supposedly was their way of "talking it out," and then I guess Luc was able to be forgiving. Sarah had told him that even though Gabriella wasn't the mother he wanted, it was his choice about whether to love and accept the mother he was given. I liked this episode for the funny parts, and also because Gilles Marini was able to do more than stand around looking gorgeous.

Re the aquifer, I think they still haven't sold it ... but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe they did, because Sarah seems to have a lot of money to invest, and I don't know where else she would have gotten it.

Did they sell Ojai Foods? There's been no mention of it since last season.
    Yup, with donuts!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Tonight's episode was just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4120836;
    Tonight's episode was just silly.
    Indeed, but it was the good kind of silly, where everything about it is silly and the characters realize it's silly. This cast does comedy really well.

I prefer it to when the show tries to pass something off as serious, like Nora suddenly becoming a radio star and then Sarah buying her radio station 5 minutes later, and it looks unintentionally silly.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread