+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4090083;
    I figured it had happened by the way they kept hinting around at not having "relations" for more than 3 weeks is a sign that someone is cheating in the relationship. I hope they can work through it.
    Uh oh!!! Sarah said that she and Luc haven't had sex for about 3 weeks and that, he wasn't touching her very much, the way that he used to. Even though the last episode ended up well (with a proposal, and all) --- I sure hope that he isn't cheating on her. That would be awful!!!

I'm pretty sure in one of the first episodes this season they decided not to sell after all.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4091191;
    I'm pretty sure in one of the first episodes this season they decided not to sell after all.
    that's what I thought too. Sarah wanted to sell and spit the money ($55 million, I think) between the family members and most were okay with that, but someone didn't want to sell, so they tabled it, for the time being

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4090100;
    I think they had to do something to make Scotty less angelic. The actor was probably getting bored by just smiling and making everyone else feel better.
    Finally someone heard my complaints about Scotty's hyperperfection! I have to say though that it was really hard to believe Scotty would cheat...even with all the backstory.... They've just built him up to be so perfect... When Saul said he'd never been so disappointed in someone, I really felt for Scotty. Can someone remind me, why does Scotty have no family outside the Walkers? Did they disown him? I thought that was a very touching line, when he said he hadn't realized he'd also lose his family; also when Kevin said, I'm not mad, I'm in pain.
    Did anyone catch what the daughters were saying about Nora's new flame at the end of the preview? I must say Nora seems to have no trouble finding men, even though by the mid '60's the gender ratio is really lopsided with more women than men!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4095293;
    Finally someone heard my complaints about Scotty's hyperperfection! I have to say though that it was really hard to believe Scotty would cheat...even with all the backstory.... They've just built him up to be so perfect... When Saul said he'd never been so disappointed in someone, I really felt for Scotty. Can someone remind me, why does Scotty have no family outside the Walkers? Did they disown him? I thought that was a very touching line, when he said he hadn't realized he'd also lose his family; also when Kevin said, I'm not mad, I'm in pain.
    Did anyone catch what the daughters were saying about Nora's new flame at the end of the preview? I must say Nora seems to have no trouble finding men, even though by the mid '60's the gender ratio is really lopsided with more women than men!
    I couldn't really understand what they were saying about Nora's new love interest in the previews, although they seemed to be trying to warn her about something related to him. It's hard to tell ... sometimes in previews for many of these shows, they juxtapose dialog and visuals together that really don't relate to each other when you see the entire show.

I think Scotty's family rejected him, although I'm not sure I remember that correctly. It did seem somewhat OOC for him to cheat, but when they showed what was going on at the time between him and Kevin, it seemed to make more sense in that context ... although I definitely am not condoning or excusing cheating when a relationship is going through a rough patch. Just saying it made some kind of sense for sweet Scotty to fall for what he perceived as interest and acknowledgement from another man when he was not getting what he needed from Kevin. Supposedly that's why people cheat on their partners -- because their emotional needs are not being met -- more so than sex. I like that Kevin admitted his own part in the problems that led to Scotty's unfortunate episode and was willing to be honest and apologize for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4095593;
    I think Scotty's family rejected him,
    They initially rejected him but then, last season(??), Scotty's dad come into town and announced that him and Scotty's mom were divorcing. Scotty then found out his dad was dating someone so Scotty assumed his dad was at fault for the divorce but it turned out his mom kicked him out (or something like that) for reasons I can't remember but had nothing to do with the another woman (maybe another man on her part?).

Anyway, Scotty and his dad made up.

I was starting to wonder if Kitty still had Evan, I mean, we have not seen nor heard her mention in the longest time. I was starting to wonder if it was one of those baby disappearing without explanation TV tricks I've seen.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;4095644;
    They initially rejected him but then, last season(??), Scotty's dad come into town and announced that him and Scotty's mom were divorcing. Scotty then found out his dad was dating someone so Scotty assumed his dad was at fault for the divorce but it turned out his mom kicked him out (or something like that) for reasons I can't remember but had nothing to do with the another woman (maybe another man on her part?).

Anyway, Scotty and his dad made up.

I was starting to wonder if Kitty still had Evan, I mean, we have not seen nor heard her mention in the longest time. I was starting to wonder if it was one of those baby disappearing without explanation TV tricks I've seen

I know, right? I need to just take a deep breath and suspend all reality while watching these shows. For a single mother, without a current job, Kitty sure gets around and seems to have the life of Riley. I was waiting all episode for ANY mention of little Evan.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4095649;
    I know, right? I need to just take a deep breath and suspend all reality while watching these shows. For a single mother, without a current job, Kitty sure gets around and seems to have the life of Riley. I was waiting all episode for ANY mention of little Evan.
    Come on....you heard her, she's a MOM, she can't just pick up and go wherever the wind takes her... ok, Vietnam, but not just anyplace... That's Evan's role....she can't be a free spirit because of him, not because she's basically NOT a free spirit.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4095593;
    It did seem somewhat OOC for him to cheat, but when they showed what was going on at the time between him and Kevin, it seemed to make more sense in that context ... although I definitely am not condoning or excusing cheating when a relationship is going through a rough patch. Just saying it made some kind of sense for sweet Scotty to fall for what he perceived as interest and acknowledgement from another man when he was not getting what he needed from Kevin. Supposedly that's why people cheat on their partners -- because their emotional needs are not being met -- more so than sex. I like that Kevin admitted his own part in the problems that led to Scotty's unfortunate episode and was willing to be honest and apologize for that.
    Not condoning cheating either, but honestly, if ANYBODY could drive someone to cheat it would be KEVIN! God, he is exasperating!!! All his self-loathing, self-loving, adolescent behavior, hysterics, and histrionics would drive me out of my mind!!!

Anyone else find last night's episode boring? I kept finding things to do instead of watching the show.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread