+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4086862;
    Isn't Richard Chamberlain much older than the actor who plays Saul? I thought he looked in his 30s when Thorn Birds came out.
    Actually Chamberlain is only 5 years older than Ron Rifkin, who plays Saul. (Just checked IMDb)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4086644;
    I thought that the "nasty moms" just had pull with who got in (because their husbands donate money and know the people on the committee), I don't think they are actually on the admissions committee. That was the impression that I got. I think all the kids are at the same school right now (for what I'm assuming in 5th grade) and the school that Sarah wanted to get Cooper in to was for 6th grade (and presumably through high school).
    But why would the dads do that unless their kids went there? Well, I guess it could be older siblings... Also, Sarah said there were only 5 opening each year at the 6th grade level...implying some kids had been there since first grade, no?
    Aw. well, logic, not a strong point in this show... Still like a lot of the characters... Scotty is still a sweetie pie if a bit saintly.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;4086757;
    A new love interest for Saul is going to be Richard Chamberlain (Dr. Kildare for those as old as me).
    Richard Chamberlain!!! WOW! I thought Stephen Collins would be fabulous as Saul's lover but I can't believe they selected Richard Chamberlain. I had a HUGE crush on him when I was in high school and college.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4086866;
    Actually Chamberlain is only 5 years older than Ron Rifkin, who plays Saul. (Just checked IMDb)
    The Thorn Birds aired in the Spring of 1983 or 1984 (I'm too lazy to actually look it up but I'm thinking 1984). Somewhere, I still have the Richard Chamberlain autographed handkerchief he sent to my softball team after we sent a fan letter. We were stuck at school during spring break for practice and watched the Thorn Birds together every night.

I'm looking forward to seeing him again. He seems like he might be a good fit with Ron.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I remember he was on an episode of Desperate Housewives a few years ago, where he played Lynette's mother's gay ex-husband. He's still got it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

So, what's up with Scotty's confession of infidelity? That threw me for a loop.

I figured it had happened by the way they kept hinting around at not having "relations" for more than 3 weeks is a sign that someone is cheating in the relationship. I hope they can work through it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I think they had to do something to make Scotty less angelic. The actor was probably getting bored by just smiling and making everyone else feel better.

FORT Newbie

I've been wondering what ever happened to the lake, and the 55 million dollars the Walker family was going to get. Did I miss an episode?

I'm assuming the sale is still in progress. Hopefully they will tie that storyline up soon.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread