+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4082126;
    No one remembers the episode that flashed back to their teen years that I mentioned? There Kitty was clearly supposed to be a lot younger than Sarah.
    I remember that episode! It seemed as though Tommy and Sarah were the oldest because it was about them in high school. And they always referred to their shared summers working at Ojai, which is also why I assumed they were the oldest.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4082399;
    I remember that episode! It seemed as though Tommy and Sarah were the oldest because it was about them in high school. And they always referred to their shared summers working at Ojai, which is also why I assumed they were the oldest.
    Right! I remember that as well.

Great episode tonight. Lots of snappy dialogue, makes me wonder if they got some new writers!

Why didn't Justin go to NY? Doesn't seem like much is keeping him back.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4086068;
    Why didn't Justin go to NY? Doesn't seem like much is keeping him back.
    I know -- I kept waiting for him to say he would go too. Maybe he'll surprise Rebecca by just showing up on her doorstep in a few weeks -- like around Thanksgiving.

And maybe Sol's friend (the sexy, handsome Stephen Collins) will change his mind and show up on Sol's doorstep.

PS I'm having a lot of trouble seeing Kitty's new guy in this role. To me, he's always going to be Chase from Army Wives.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I sure don't see this guy being permanent in Kitty's life... yeah, a nice vacation romance, but Kitty is not the Eat, Love, Pray type no matter how much she'd like to be.
    Yes, Justin, exactly what job is holding you to CA? But I guess she is really saying she needs to get away and grow herself...from him, her mom, the whole CA scene.
    It was not at all clear to me why the nasty moms at (I assume) Cooper's current school would be on the admission committee for the school Sarah wants him to go to. That WAS a school play, no? So presumably all the kids are at the same school? It reminded me of a scene from The Adventures of Old Christine. Way too over the top...and how is it better that the nasty moms' kids get tortured by other kdis with shouts of Pool boy? Not something to be proud of. I'm with Luca...where's the Sarah Walker he fell in love with...the whole bit was contrived and an excuse to have the women and all the gay men sitting around sewing...jeesh, cliche much?
    So, in general, not my favorite episode. I did like Saul's guy though...too bad about that...although again, for how disappointed he appeared to be he seemed to be bouncing back quickly....

FORT Fogey

I suspect the Stephen Collins character will return, saying he thought about it and realized the chance to have a loving relationship is worth the chance of pain down the line ... otherwise, why hire Stephen Collins to play the boyfriend? They could have hired an unknown for less money if he's only making one appearance! Yup, I predict he'll be back.

I do think Justin realized that Rebecca's desire to leave meant more than taking a job opportunity, so that's why he didn't offer to move with her. They both knew what it meant ... at least for now.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4086247;
    It was not at all clear to me why the nasty moms at (I assume) Cooper's current school would be on the admission committee for the school Sarah wants him to go to. That WAS a school play, no? So presumably all the kids are at the same school?
    I thought that the "nasty moms" just had pull with who got in (because their husbands donate money and know the people on the committee), I don't think they are actually on the admissions committee. That was the impression that I got. I think all the kids are at the same school right now (for what I'm assuming in 5th grade) and the school that Sarah wanted to get Cooper in to was for 6th grade (and presumably through high school).

A new love interest for Saul is going to be Richard Chamberlain (Dr. Kildare for those as old as me).
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;4086757;
    A new love interest for Saul is going to be Richard Chamberlain (Dr. Kildare for those as old as me).
    When I think of Richard Chamberlain I think "The Thorn Birds"..

Isn't Richard Chamberlain much older than the actor who plays Saul? I thought he looked in his 30s when Thorn Birds came out.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread