+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4070172;
    And we're back, one year later!

Robert has been in a coma for a year? How is this moving Kitty's story along? Why bother fast-forwarding a year if he isn't already dead? That seems silly to me.

Luc is an underwear model on billboards.
    You called it, fireflyer!

OK, 2 gay men take in a young teen boy who is a client of one of them... how is this not asking for trouble even in SF? Yikes--take him over to your mom's....think, Kevin!

I think Kitty has moved on by the end ... this was all a retrospective looking back at the day Justin came home (for good we can hope?) maybe a month or so before? Time enough to actually pull the plug and then plan a memorial service anyway...

Where are Sarah's kids? That kitchen looked like something in a French still life, not one in a house with kids living in it.

Holly doesn't seem likely to be coming back... poor David...he looked exhausted. I wonder if his wife told Justin what shape her mom was in? Or if anyone did?

Anyone predicting an affair between David and Nora - even an emotional one if not physical....

And regarding Sarah's kids....arent they enough to keep her in the states???? I was irritated when she said "what do I have keeping me here???" Uhm two kids who already dont see you enough!

Also Justin looked very mature!!! He has the gray in his sideburns and seemed very composed even regarding the Rebecca issues....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4070204;
    ...OK, 2 gay men take in a young teen boy who is a client of one of them... how is this not asking for trouble even in SF? Yikes--take him over to your mom's....think, Kevin!
    Actually, it's the LA area (mom's house is in Pasadena), not San Francisco. Still, it's a stupid move to take in a client -- adult or minor, gay or not gay. Big ethics problem; really stupid business move as well! This guy was a corporate lawyer previously? Dumb, dumb, dumb! Nor would it be a bright idea to take him to Nora or any other relative. Teen shelter, or someone who's not related. Think, Kevin!
    I think Kitty has moved on by the end ...
    Yes -- and I think it was necessary to push the story a year ahead in order to give her a realistic time frame in which to move on. And get Rob Lowe's character out of the picture in one episode.
    ...Where are Sarah's kids?...
    Likely with their dad.
    ...That kitchen looked like something in a French still life, not one in a house with kids living in it...
    It looked great!
    Holly doesn't seem likely to be coming back... poor David...he looked exhausted. I wonder if his wife told Justin what shape her mom was in? Or if anyone did?
    I guess we'll find out. In the meantime, it was funny to see Justin as the Walker with the most common sense and maturity. Bizarro World!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Whew!!! That was intense! I don't know about you all, but I was in tears practically at the beginning of the episode and several times throughout.

The only thing I didn't understand, was why the accident caused such a family break down. It was a car accident, not a malicious or even intentional act by any of the Walkers against any of the others. The only reaction that made sense to me was Kitty's anger at Justin for not helping Robert --- but she did finally come to accept that. By the way, I think Kitty reacted exactly as I would've thought she would have. . . trying to keep Robert alive in the desperate hope that a miracle would happen, and that he'd recover.

And Justin also reacted just as I would've expected. He never did show the ability to face any of his trials and tribulations without running away (or turning to drugs) and so going to war, again, was just the kind of thing he would do. I can understand why Rebecca left, and how she probably had more than enough of his inability to deal. Hopefully, the newer, more mature Justin will now be able to face his problems and stay and deal with them.

Wow! I was really sorry to see Holly's current state of mind. I had really loved the new friendly partners-in-crime relationship that had developed between Holly and Nora, and now, even though it's because she's been injured, it's like we have to go back to square one on that one. It would be so much fun to watch if the two of them could be cohorts again ---- maybe she'll recover at some point -- but I kind of doubt it. Especially if anything happens between Nora and David (!!!) That would sure be a karmic twist, wouldn't it?

Loved Sarah and Luc and how their relationship has developed! And Luc as an underwear model? I could get used to that!!!!!

I just can't wrap my mind arount Sarah and Luc. Seems like such an unlikely pairing.

I think Luc's found his niche as an underwear model. Now the icing on the gāteau would be a scene or ten with his photo shoots...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

How much older than Luc is Sarah supposed to be, that it was such a big deal to her? Is she the oldest Walker child?

What happened to Nora's charity that she was running? All of a sudden she needs to work for a mean florist to have something to do with her time?

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I would like to know that too. Since everyone made such a big deal out of her age. Kevin asking the plummer to have dinner with Kitty? I would think he would be more protective of her.

FORT Fogey

I don't like the way they made all the Walker women so insecure about themselves over superficial things, all in one episode -- Sarah lying to her boyfriend about her age because she's afraid he'll dump her; Kitty lying about her name and why she's living there -- to the plumber, no less ... why does she care what he thinks of her, he's there to fix the sink; and Nora suddenly being all concerned about looking old (actually, besides a wrinkled neck, she looks darn good for her age, both the character and the actress). At least they all showed some courage in the end.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4081533;
    How much older than Luc is Sarah supposed to be, that it was such a big deal to her? Is she the oldest Walker child?

What happened to Nora's charity that she was running? All of a sudden she needs to work for a mean florist to have something to do with her time?
    I was wondering the same thing? Does anyone remember the age different between Luc and Sarah?

Sarah's not the oldest - Tommy is; but I think that there is only a year or two between them.

+ Reply to Thread