+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3905190;
    Truthfully -missing a year of them dealing with all that was revealed tonight - might not be a bad thing!
    I have to agree with you there. I don't want to sit through an entire season of them all crying and going to therapy. They're crazy enough!

I hope Holly survives. I like the new Nora-Holly detente and I'd like to see her be happy with David, at least for a little while.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3905191;
    I have to agree with you there. I don't want to sit through an entire season of them all crying and going to therapy. They're crazy enough!

I hope Holly survives. I like the new Nora-Holly detente and I'd like to see her be happy with David, at least for a little while.
    Plus we won't have to watch them start the water company from the ground up and struggle, which might be like watching paint dry.

I hope Holly survives too, they are running out of non-Walkers on this show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Now that they'll be in the water business, I hope they drink more of it, too. Have never seen a show in which everyone has to be drinking wine so much of the time!

I was trying to watch too much last night. I tuned in and out of the show, but caught the final 3 minutes. I missed how the accident happened. Can someone explain and also why so many of them were there? That last scene was so difficult to watch. I thought it was very realistic. Scary.... Where were the kids?

Since the show aired last night, it's okay to discuss the details, right?

The entire family had gone to the Ojai house to sample Saul and Scottie's new menu for their restaurant. I guess it was assumed Evan was with a nanny (Kitty had been on the road all weekend and did not take him) and that Sarah's kids were at home. Her boyfriend did not go - she ended up there after going on the campaign road trip with Kitty and Nora. Tommy was not there.

The night of the dinner - Robert had an episode b/c as we found out his heart still had an arythmia and went to the hospital. So they all stayed overnight at the house and found out about the water the next morning. That is how Holly ended up there. The next day after everything had all settled down - they all left the house at the same time to head home.

Robert and Kitty were in the front car. Followed by Nora, Saul, Holly, Sara, Kevin and Scottie. Justin and Rebecca were the last ones to leave the house. They were talking about what they were going to do next year. So they were about 5-10 minutes behind everyone else. Rebecca was actually on the phone with her mom and the line went dead. She didn't think anything about it and then they came upon the accident.

Okay, thanks. I saw it when they came upon the accident. It looked like a tractor trailer laying on its side. Scenes like that just get to me because it really does happen all the time.

KK4
    FORT Fan

I'll need to watch again, but I believe there was a sign at the scene of a place called Icarus. Talk about symbolism....

Wow, interesting show, I like that Saul lied to everyone about his HIV status including his family at the very minute he found it. Made the whole thing seem --- well --- LIFELIKE. I don't condone lying, but let's face it, every family member is NOT an open book when it comes to random phone calls about life-changing situations. He needed some time to process. A fully functional family would spew the death sentence right then and there. But most people who have lived with a life of guilt and shame are not going to gush a huge reveal about themselves on a moments' notice. I thought Saul's lie was realistic.

Now, regarding the believability of Saul being HIV positive... ummm, nah, I don't think so. Give us a symtom, or some reason to believe it might be true. It just seems too random.

An undiscovered aquifer? Aren't all issues related to water depth solved eons ago? And how did Dennis York know about this aquifer? And if he DID know it, why did he give up pursuing it?

I'm more interested in what happens with Kevin's & Scotty's restaurant than what happens with a boring water aquifer. Hopefully the restaurant is tres chic.

P.S. More Luc. Have him start earning his keep by being a calendar model, and showing us footage of the photo shoots.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3906332;
    More Luc. Have him start earning his keep by being a calendar model, and showing us footage of the photo shoots.
    YES!!!! Would beach and shower scenes do as well as a photo shoot? If yes, then you have to go back and see the first Sex and the City movie -- lots of skin!

And we're back, one year later!

Robert has been in a coma for a year? How is this moving Kitty's story along? Why bother fast-forwarding a year if he isn't already dead? That seems silly to me.

Luc is an underwear model on billboards.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread