+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3903701;
    I just saw this Sunday's season finale episode. The go a little overboard on the season-ending cliffhanger drama, but one much-talked about storyline is definitely not left unresolved.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Someone does die, but not in the way they've wanted you to think they will.
    C'mon MFW, spill.
    Some of us love to be spoiled, but put it in spoiler tags. The ones who don't care to know just don't read the spoilers.

Pleeeeeeaaaaaase?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

MF, I have to agree that they do go a little overboard in the cliffhanger, but one of the things I was most annoyed about was (pretty big spoiler.. just to warn you)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Saul testing positive...Why after ALL this time?!
    . The other piece I was left wondering was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is Holly coming back? Is she supposed to be?
    and finally you just knew when
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Justin mentioned that something bad happens every time they mention a wedding that something bad was indeed going to happen
    . I am curious to see how next season begins with all the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3903933;
    One word comes to mind: Why?
    He accidentally told a funny joke at a family wedding, and his drunken cousin said, "You should be in a comedy, man!"
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3904080;
    He accidentally told a funny joke at a family wedding, and his drunken cousin said, "You should be in a comedy, man!"
    As good a reason as any, I guess! He just doesn't seem a good fit for that show, or vice versa. Wonder which came first ... him deciding to leave B&S, or getting offered a role on P&R?

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3899265;
    The fact that he's the youngest of the kids but looks older than most of them irritates me.

I really enjoyed this show to begin with, but I find more and more inconsistencies and examples of bad writing every time I watch.
    I'm still watching out of habit, but I'm not nearly as interested as I once was.
    Shame, I thought this series would be a favourite for a long while.
    I stopped watching about two episodes after Ryan sabotaged the cheap wine they were making. So many things irritated me, I found myself dissecting rather than watching. The biggest thing for me was how did Justin get accepted into the doctor program? You have to have a certain GPA to get accepted into a nursing program....and they skipped the whole prerequisite part. You don't just jump into a program like that (or any for that matter) without required math, sociology, science, etc...classes first. It was just all unbelievable to me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3904010;
    C'mon MFW, spill.
    Some of us love to be spoiled, but put it in spoiler tags. The ones who don't care to know just don't read the spoilers.

Pleeeeeeaaaaaase?
    OK, big spoilers, don't read if you want to wait until tonight (although there are promo clips leaked on some sites already):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The whole family is celebrating at Narrow Lake, because they started drilling and discovered a huge water spring there, so the family will be in the water business next season. They are all coming back from the property in separate cars, and Justin & Rebecca are lagging behind, talking about their futures (he may still go to Haiti, but she's taking the job), when they come upon a multi-car wreck and an overturned truck. Most of the cars in the wreck are the rest of the Walkers! Nora and Sarah are okay. Kevin and Scotty are conscious but bleeding. Saul is bleeding a lot, but refuses help, as if to tell them that he is HIV-positive, something he got tested for (for the first time in his life) earlier in the episode. Kitty is banged up but looks like she'll be okay.

The most seriously hurt are Holly and Robert. Justin turns into Medic-Man and starts treating everyone. Holly is unresponsive at first, but they leave her fate as a cliffhanger. Robert can't move, and he says some slow words of love and goodbye to Kitty, and basically dies in her arms, eyes still open and everything.

How's that?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Yikes! Thanks, MFW. I knew the part about Robert, but not the rest.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3903909;
    Parks & Recreation on NBC Thursdays.
    P & R is not a bad show...it kind of grows on you as you get to know the characters, but it definitely doesn't seem like something he'd be good at.

Considering the fact that Parks & Recreation is on the NBC schedule as a mid-season replacement next year, I'd say Rob didn't make the best career decision. Maybe they moved it back because of Amy Poehler's pregnancy, but still. He doesn't have a history of making great choices. Didn't he turn down McDreamy on GA for Lion's Den or some other show that didn't last a full season?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow - interesting episode tonight!

I thought it was kind of slow moving until the very end. Although it was great that they tackled the HIV storyline - why have him be positive? I thought it was a good way to address the issue without making it unrealistic. The Dr. even told him that it would be very odd to be positive without any symptoms for so many years. They should have left it that he was negative.

It will be interesting if they really jump ahead a year for the begininng of next season. It will take Kitty away from the mourning and then Justin wouldn't really be off the show but still went to Haiti.

Truthfully -missing a year of them dealing with all that was revealed tonight - might not be a bad thing!

+ Reply to Thread