+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Justin's speech impediment irritates me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3898688;
    Justin's speech impediment irritates me.
    The fact that he's the youngest of the kids but looks older than most of them irritates me.

I really enjoyed this show to begin with, but I find more and more inconsistencies and examples of bad writing every time I watch.
    I'm still watching out of habit, but I'm not nearly as interested as I once was.
    Shame, I thought this series would be a favourite for a long while.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I find that it seems to have truly run its course. I don't know if the time jump will change that... I highly doubt it.

What the heck happened this week? I only missed the first couple minutes of the show, and when I turned it on the whole Walker family was liquidating their business. When was that decided?

What happened to Dennis York buying the company? And what happened to Holly's daughter's $2 million that she gave to keep the company afloat? When was the decision made to liquidate the company instead of putting it up for sale? In the first couple minutes this week? I don't remember liquidation being discussed last week. So confused. Did they file bankruptcy? How does the dissolution of the business the entire show revolves around happen in 2 missed minutes?

Ummm, if the family business & money is gone, I don't think this show will have much appeal anymore. Unless the Narrow Lake houseplans lead to some new business venture for the family, there isn't enough drama to hold the show together. (It's so much more dramatic when your work comes home with you, right?)

The only upside I can see is that maybe Mistress Holly will now be out of the picture.

On second thought, the whole family (company execs) was obviously blindsided by the discovery that their business was sucking, so probably not a one of the characters has any good business sense. So them starting a new business would be just as ludicrous as their shock that the last business failed.

I don't think the characters have been consistent at all in the last couple weeks. The writers are all over the place.
    Kitty has no confidence any more, but she used to be the sharpest one of the bunch.
    Nora Walker is suddenly business-minded (she used to be the stay-at-home bobblehead when the series first began).
    Holly was the mistress-turned-exec.
    Her daughter was the kid-turned-exec.
    Nora was the mom-turned-exec. (guess too many unschooled execs causes failure).
    Grandma Walker in the family, then out.
    Sarah pregnant, then not.
    Rob Lowe spy job, then dead.
    Justin med-school, then military-focused.
    Holly's daughter pregnant, then not.
    Holly's daughter donating all her money to the company, then making offers on a house.

A billion story lines... it's like the writers are desperately throwing EVERY idea out there, hoping something -- anything -- will stick...

FORT Fogey

What about the very young Rebecca getting what was apparently a somewhat prestigious associate VP job, after two whole years' experience being mommy's assistant at a company that went belly up under the co-presidency of said mommy (who also applied for the same job ... no wonder she didn't get it).

And I thought Justin wanted to go back to Iraq last week ... and now he wants to go to Haiti? Also thought Balthazar Getty (Tommy) was leaving the show this year, but he's still there. Another point ... why bring back Nora's former lover, the architect ... just so he could give her the drawings that showed William Walker's plans for Narrow Lake? They could have just found the drawings in the desk at Ojai Foods. Is that the whole point of the Narrow Lake mystery? Was that land so gosh-darned valuable to Dennis York because William wanted to build a house for Nora there? William is long-dead, so it's not as if Dennis acquiring the land would stop William from doing that. Is there more to that story ... why did Dennis still want that land? If he was so in love with Nora, why did he want to sleep with Holly (I guess the same could be said for William)? I don't get this show at all this year. It's like a different team of writers, each with their own agenda, wrote each episode and failed to provide much continuity between them.

I just saw this Sunday's season finale episode. The go a little overboard on the season-ending cliffhanger drama, but one much-talked about storyline is definitely not left unresolved.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Someone does die, but not in the way they've wanted you to think they will.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I LOVE Rob Lowe and am so sorry to see him leave this show, especially because he was so perfect for the part, and I'm really going to miss him as Kitty's husband and the senator. BUT I'm embarassed for him in his new show --- because comedy does not seem to be his thing, and I was cringing watching him. I've loved all the stuff he's done in the past, so I can't believe he left B&S to be in this stupid sitcom. (Or rather, I should say, to be stupid in this sitcom!) If he DOES have to be off the show, I hope he can quickly find another drama to star in, like B&S or West Wing, in which he was great!

What new show is Rob Lowe in?

Parks & Recreation on NBC Thursdays.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3903909;
    Parks & Recreation on NBC Thursdays.
    One word comes to mind: Why?

+ Reply to Thread