+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

FORT Fogey

Re: Brothers and Sisters

I knew Rob Lowe was leaving, but not that Kitty was going to be single. Guess I thought people would just be referring to him as working in DC or something. So is he going to die, or are they getting divorced? I've missed a couple of episodes that I DVR'd, so maybe I'd know the answer if I caught up.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3894779;
    I knew Rob Lowe was leaving, but not that Kitty was going to be single. Guess I thought people would just be referring to him as working in DC or something. So is he going to die, or are they getting divorced? I've missed a couple of episodes that I DVR'd, so maybe I'd know the answer if I caught up.
    He's got a new job, though we don't know much about it, and I bet it will have something to do with that. My guess would be either death or disappearance because his relationship with Kitty is pretty good right now.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I have to guess that Kitty loses the election or she'd be in DC all the time. Maybe something with her husband's new spy type job messes her up...and they divorce. Or he disappears (so they can always bring him back once she's found someone new) or dies and she drops out to spend time with Evan....
    Meanwhile, if Justin wants to be part of a team and frankly seems to need more action than being a doctor/in med school brings why doesn't he become a medic in civilian life? He could join one of the EMT teams in the city, have a team to work with, and help people in practically battlefield conditions. He doesn't seem to have school smarts, that would be a much better fit for him, and I don't see why someone doesn't suggest it.
    Can someone clue me in? Last time I heard he was about to flunk out of med school, but now he seems to be back in, no?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3897295;
    I have to guess that Kitty loses the election or she'd be in DC all the time. Maybe something with her husband's new spy type job messes her up...and they divorce. Or he disappears (so they can always bring him back once she's found someone new) or dies and she drops out to spend time with Evan....
    Meanwhile, if Justin wants to be part of a team and frankly seems to need more action than being a doctor/in med school brings why doesn't he become a medic in civilian life? He could join one of the EMT teams in the city, have a team to work with, and help people in practically battlefield conditions. He doesn't seem to have school smarts, that would be a much better fit for him, and I don't see why someone doesn't suggest it.
    Can someone clue me in? Last time I heard he was about to flunk out of med school, but now he seems to be back in, no?
    I have wondered why he doesn't just become an EMT also. It seems like the logical choice to me.

As for his med school...the last thing we ever really heard about it was that he was on a school break; but that can't be current because he mentioned tying to balance med school with life and we saw Kevin and Tommy at the hospital. Maybe he finally went in for learning disability testing and he's working with that now (remember he and rebecca saw that science fair display at Paige's school...)

Oh my God, did you see the trailer for next week. Maybe that is how Robert leaves?

As a character, Justin makes less and less sense for me. No matter what he learns in his life, the writers always have him regress and throw infantile tantrums at Rebecca whenever there's the flimsiest of conflicts. Like tonight, for example.

Also, is it just me that has to go back and watch the whole season again just to make sense of exactly how Ojai got to the point where they decided to shut down? It seems like every development along the road to this conclusion was only half-explained, or left semi-resolved.

But all of this left my head when Scotty started singing at the end of the show. *swoon* He can sing Irish songs in my ear anytime.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Scotty's singing was so beautiful! I absolutely loved that.

Also, was that the resolution to Narrow Lake? Or will we ever find out why that other guy wanted it so much? Or was it simply that the other guy wanted Nora?

Hopefully we'll see next week. But that's the kind of half-resolved plot points I'm talking about -- I wonder if we'll get more than a throwaway line from Nora or Tommy next week about Narrow Lake, now that the business is closed.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

With Rob Lowe leaving, I'd say he's the best candidate to die in that car accident. I can't say I'd really be disappointed. He and Kitty are my least favorite characters on the show. I used to love Calista, but I find her annoying now.

I hope they resolve the Narrow Lake thing. It bugs me when shows make a big deal about something and then just let the story fizzle out.

Normally, I'd say the flashing forward thing for next season was just a gimmick, but it might help infuse this show with some new life. The whole last half of this season has felt really stale to me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Same here. If Robert is going to die, it might help to fast forward 12 months rather than have Calista spend half a season wallowing in grief. (And who knows, maybe the show wants to save money on recreating a national election -- I doubt they have the same budget that The West Wing had.)

Also, it might not be too interesting watching all the Walkers pounding the pavement looking for work for several weeks. Also, please, please, maybe Justin can grow up a little and stop being such a pill.

Oh that reminds me! I still love Calista Flockhart, but the writers have completely twisted her character around. Why is she not able to speak in public or deliver a joke, when she used to be a pundit on TV? It doesn't make sense. But I guess I'm only asking for it by expecting a lot of things to make sense on this show...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-10-2010 at 04:11 AM.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread