+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Please don't let Justin go back to war

I won't ruin the episode for my fellow Americans who've yet to see Sunday's episode, but I have to say that I found Sarah to be verry irritating this episode!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3891789;
    I won't ruin the episode for my fellow Americans who've yet to see Sunday's episode, but I have to say that I found Sarah to be verry irritating this episode!
    She's irritating every episode, so i can't imagine what she could do to be even more irritating than usual. The only one who's more irritting than Sarah is her daughter (is her name Page?), and of course Kevin. . .

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3891789;
    Ugh, I agree.
    I generally like her, but she was unbearable this episode.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She was being rather idiotic, but I found it all to be contrived and out of the blue. It was a valid storyline to bring up
    Click to see Spoiler:
    (her kid acting our rather than accepting Luc as a parental figure)
    , but it was rushed along and concluded all too conveniently (and illogically) in one episode.

Overall, the stories were very interesting this week, but something about either the writing or editing brought things down.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3891932;
    She's irritating every episode, so i can't imagine what she could do to be even more irritating than usual. The only one who's more irritting than Sarah is her daughter (is her name Page?), and of course Kevin. . .
    Sarah's son is a spoiled, indulged, mouthy brat -- as was made obvious in this episode. He deserves to be slapped upside the head.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Strangely, I kept visualizing that exact slap last night!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3893196;
    Strangely, I kept visualizing that exact slap last night!!

My husband kept laughing at me because I did the "upside the head" slap in the air every time the kid opened his mouth.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Wow, I'm sad that Rob Lowe is leaving. His character isn't super-exciting but I just liked their small family unit. Hope they don't kill his character off. Calista's character is somewhat boring lately, too. The storylines that are interesting lately are Sarah & Luc, and the mystery of Narrow Lake.

Basically the last few weeks I've been watching the show solely for Luc. I dig his accent and wow, he's one good piece of eye-candy!

The show is going to jump ahead in time next season, kind of like Desperate Housewives did. But B&S is only jumping ahead 12 months...there are kind of spoilerish details in the article, but we already know that Rob Lowe is leaving and that Gilles is a regular, so not really:
    Exclusive: 'Brothers & Sisters' time warp deets!

May 3 2010 12:06 PM ET
    by Michael Ausiello

All that wine-guzzling is finally catching up to Brothers and SistersĎ Walker clan: The entire family is about to lose a year of their lives! As I revealed in Ask Ausiello this week, the ABC drama will likely flash-forward 12 whole months between the May 16 finale and next seasonís premiere. In this exclusive interview, executive producer David Marshall Grant reveals why a time jump is being considered and what the fallout would be for the Walkers.

EW: What are the advantages to leaping forward?
    DAVID MARSHALL GRANT: We all know that Rob [Lowe]Ďs not coming back next yearÖ [so Kitty] is going to be single next season. Itís going to be a little bit more of a nod to where we were in the first season with her dating. And when you add to that the possibility of jumping a year, it could be really good for us. Basically, by doing this all bets are off in terms of where everybody is.

EW: Is there any chance you wonít do this?
    GRANT: At this point the odds are strong that we will do [a jump] or something like that that would shake us up in some way.

EW: A couple years ago this would be considered groundbreaking. But now that itís been done on Desperate Housewives, Battlestar Galactica, and Lost, it feels like itís becoming a bit of a gimmick. Is that a concern?
    GRANT: Thatís a problem with television in general in the sense that itís very hard to come up with something new. So much has been done over the years ó and done well. You always battle that ďitís been done beforeĒ notion. Itís all about the execution. An idea can be interpreted as a gimmick but if itís executed in a way that creates new and exciting stories then it becomes worth it and people forget it was done a thousand times before.

EW: With Gilles Marini returning as a series regular, is it safe to say Sarah would be more settled in her relationship with Luc after the jump?
    GRANT: Yes. Weíll be exploring Kitty as a single woman and Sarah and Luc as a couple.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread