+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

I thought last night's episode was great. If Rob Lowe is leaving the show - I think we saw foreshadowing of what the exit will be.

KK4
    FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3880202;
    I thought last night's episode was great. If Rob Lowe is leaving the show - I think we saw foreshadowing of what the exit will be.
    Does anyone have any idea what job Robert accepted last night?

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3880202;
    Yeah, I guess he'll be heading up some covert operation somewhere else in the world. It's as good an explanation as any, I guess. And if Kitty wins his Senate seat, it would explain if she's not in every episode next season (she'd be in Washington most of the time like Robert should have been anyway).

But I hope Calista Flockhart isn't reducing her time on the show. She's one of the major reasons I watch. She and Sally Field are hilarious together.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The show giveth and it taketh away:
    'Brothers & Sisters': Gilles Marini officially a regular, but someone else has to go

By Jethro Nededog
    April 27, 2010 1:28 PM ET

It's official Luc-lovers! Gilles Marini is officially a regular on "Brothers & Sisters." Zap2it reported it first back in February when Marini told us and ABC confirmed that he was in negotiations to become a series regular. Back then, the deal hinged on whether the series would be renewed (but, duh, we knew it would be).

"This is really cool," Marini told Zap2it in an exclusive interview. "Doing something on TV with a massively amazing cast like that, I appreciate it. And being asked back, it's to die for."

Marini's promotion does come with some bad news. The TV gods giveth and they taketh away. We already knew Rob Lowe was abandoning ship, but we'll be losing another half-Walker. An ABC spokesperson confirms to Zap2it that Luke Grimes who plays Ryan, the mischievous half-brother, won't be returning to the show.

But, let's focus on the good news. When Gilles was still in negotiations to become a regular, he told us, "That would be my first regular TV part I've ever had, so it's very exciting. It's a huge accomplishment for me."

Congrats, Gilles! We're excited to see more of you! (wink, wink)
    Yay on more Gilles, but honestly, I won't miss Grimes one bit. That whole storyline was a bust. But I kind of like the idea that each season might bring yet another secret child of William Walker. Imagine if the show lasts 10 years, it could have an entirely new cast like ER, comprised totally of half-siblings.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Ryan hasn't been on the show since donating his blood marrow, which is a good way for him to leave. He never was really integrated into the family. Not a great loss in terms of the character. Yay, Gilles! He and Scotty can be the two calming influences in counterpoint to the rest of the tribe. I hope he and Sarah DO get pregnant! Also hope they'll show a lot of him (I mean that in a non-lascivious way), not just at the Walker dinners.

I too am not upset by who's becoming a regular and who isn't returning. I haven't missed Grimes at all. His character just didn't take.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3889135;
    I too am not upset by who's becoming a regular and who isn't returning. I haven't missed Grimes at all. His character just didn't take.
    I'm guessing that that brought him in temporarily to see if he would take and he never did, so they can easily lose him. While Gilles did take, so they kept him. Overall, it's a good deal.

I randomly ran into Tom Skerritt who was attending a benefit concert for breast cancer last week. I did manage to keep myself from calling him William and asking him how many more kids he has.

I totally agree that Ryan won't be missed. They just never really managed to integrate him into the family or the storyline. As for Gilles, yay! That's great news.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3889519;
    I randomly ran into Tom Skerritt who was attending a benefit concert for breast cancer last week. I did manage to keep myself from calling him William and asking him how many more kids he has.
    Oh you should have! And honestly, for all the problems I have with this show, I think they really should run with the gag that a new kid comes out of the woodwork each year. They've already established how much of a dog William was and how little he seems to be missed, so why not?
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3889546;
    Oh you should have! And honestly, for all the problems I have with this show, I think they really should run with the gag that a new kid comes out of the woodwork each year. They've already established how much of a dog William was and how little he seems to be missed, so why not?
    Heck, why not? There are a lot more "R" names they haven't used like Ronald and Rory.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread