+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

FORT Newbie

Re: Brothers and Sisters

TV in Calgary showed it a few nights ago. I downloaded it and can only say it's a great great episode.

I'd call it an epic episode, but I don't know if I'd agree with great. In fact, if it weren't for the cast, I'd be done with this show after tonight's 2-parter. I mean, how silly are they going to let things get? That family is filled with no less than 5 felons, but as long as they come together and say loving words at the dinner table, they are impervious to all laws, both federal and of physics.

The intertwining plots were convoluted and too warped to make sense once all the puzzles were solved. And all these extreme highs and lows happening at the same time prevented any of them from having any real impact. Plus, there was no real resolution to the blackmailing plot, or even if there are still charges against Nora and Holly. It was all too silly, even for a show that borders on silly all the time. You can't be this silly and still expect me to invest in the dramatic moments with a straight face, because there's so few consequences to these people's ridiculous actions. They're "nice" (not to mention rich & white) so it's okay that they get away with it all the time.

This episode confirmed for me what I figured all along: I watch this show for the actors only.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I was disappointed in the episode as well - I wish we could find out already about the land

But what REALLY irritated me was Nora telling Kevin there was never a right time to tell him about Aaron - okay then - how about when you instead decided to get all of your kids to sell the company - why not go to Kevin and tell him everything and then it isn't a problem. And how stupid was Kevin back then? They seemed to know each other from swimming and Kevin NEVER heard the kid was paralyzed? I know that was pre internet but really - an unbelieveable storyline. And why is Kevin mad? B/C his parents struck a deal with the other family to take care of this boy so he could fully recover and have a nice life in exchange for keeping Kevin out of trouble? These kids all need to get over themselves and realize that their parents might have made mistakes but they sure as heck gave them every advantage in life!!!

I liked the younger actors they used for each family - particularly Tommy - he was dead on!!! That was great casting!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3874940;
    I was disappointed in the episode as well - I wish we could find out already about the land

But what REALLY irritated me was Nora telling Kevin there was never a right time to tell him about Aaron - okay then - how about when you instead decided to get all of your kids to sell the company - why not go to Kevin and tell him everything and then it isn't a problem. And how stupid was Kevin back then? They seemed to know each other from swimming and Kevin NEVER heard the kid was paralyzed? I know that was pre internet but really - an unbelieveable storyline. And why is Kevin mad? B/C his parents struck a deal with the other family to take care of this boy so he could fully recover and have a nice life in exchange for keeping Kevin out of trouble? These kids all need to get over themselves and realize that their parents might have made mistakes but they sure as heck gave them every advantage in life!!!

I liked the younger actors they used for each family - particularly Tommy - he was dead on!!! That was great casting!
    Agree---the slightly slutty Sarah, the insecure Kevin, adorable little Justin, and Tommy the cool guy.... Kitty's hair threw me at first, but after a while I could see the future Kitty in her as well. Great child actors ... not that the older two are actually kids probably, but good impression of teens.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

It's so interesting how differently people react to some things. I thought this was the best B&S episode EVER!!! I laughed, cried, chuckled, was emotional --- all of it. Yes, I didn't always agree with each character's reaction to certain events or their handling of them -- like Kevin's self-centered overly dramatic reaction to everything annoys the H out me --- but everyone's human and reacts in his/her own way. Loved the flashback episodes, and you're right, cape + PWS, the casting was terrific! I loved Holly and Nora's caper and their working together as a team. Their intereaction with each other was smart and sassy and really fun -- it made me smile and I thought that if the writers were smart, they would have more of that kind of thing in future episodes.

Yes, it's true that the mystery of William's real estate purchase hasn't been solved yet, but so what. This is an ongoing drama and there's plenty of time in the future.

I also enjoyed this episode...except for Sarah. OMG she's insufferable!!!! I would love if Nora would walk up to her, smack her in the face and tell her (in TV censored speak) to STFU.

I loved the whole caper with Holly and Nora. I wonder what they plan to do with Narrow Lake.

Kevin and Scotty are my favorite. Yes, Kevin can be a whiney one but I think most of his stuff is pretty entertaining. I just think Scotty is adorable.

Was the cabin they were in part of the property William bought or is it a different place? I got a little confused toward the end.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3876324;
    Was the cabin they were in part of the property William bought or is it a different place? I got a little confused toward the end.
    The cabin they were at was a different place. From what was said about the cabin, it clearly used to be in the family; but, was sold when William died.

I was wondering if the land that Nora and Holly found was the same land that Sarah wants to plants wild strawberries on? Because if so then they have known about it the whole time, just had different names for it.

Quote Originally Posted by IBeacher;3874571;
    TV in Calgary showed it a few nights ago. I downloaded it and can only say it's a great great episode.
    For all the Canadian's out there, I'm sure you've realized that Brothers and Sisters is not airing on Friday night on Global.

FORT Fogey

I'm not clear on whether they have actually sold the company to Dennis York now? Is it a done deal? Is Narrow Lake part of the deal? I'm way confused about that. Narrow Lake = Nora Walker (good catch on Kevin's part) ... why the need for a code name? I hope we find out before the end of the season.

+ Reply to Thread