+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2141346;
    You are right on with everything there adriansmommie!

What I don't understand is that it appears that the brother who's supposed to go back to Afghanistan still has some post-traumatic-stress disorder problems. So why couldn't his lawyer brother, get him off with a medical that proves he is unstable emotionally to be sent back? The brother's overdose could be seen as attempted suicide and then that would work now, if he does live.
    If they were going to deal with this storyline from a realistic standpoint, Justin would not be sent back for all sorts of reasons. He's a mentally unstable drug user. But if they were to deal with it from a realistic standpoint, what would Kitty and their mother have to argue about?

Kitty: "Gee mom, you're right. Military service can be a difficult thing".

Mom: "Gee Kitty, you're right. The military is not a completely useless and unreasonable institution"

Writer: "Gee, what on earth will these two argue about for the next 5 seasons?"

I'm pretty sure they could come up with other things for them to argue about. I don't think the Justin/military storyline is realistic. This is all for the sake of drama.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    They should be a little more careful about this story--these days there are lots of REAL people in similar situations, who may even be hoping for some guidance.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I do know a guy who was looking forward to going to Iraq, but was not very stable. The psychiatrist put a stop to that. It is do-able. He's going to have to go through a shrink after his OD, anyway....if they are playing this for reality.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

peachroses

Military Duty

Last night they mentioned that the military wanted to take care of Justin's substance abuse and mental health issues. It could be that the military places him in some sort of re-hab facility until they feel he is ready to send to Iraq. It seems drastic, but mighy disuade others from using drugs to get out of serving their milirary duty.

I enjoy the show because it does deal with a family dealing with this current war. Also, the politics involved are not completely one-sided and I appreciate that despite my strong liberal position. I feel that any TV show that tackles controversial social issues is brave and necessary despite some occasional innacuracies. We all need to open up our minds to what is going on out there.
    Because I said so ....

FORT Fan
    I loved the road trip last night. Sara was hilarious in the bar and it looks like the gay brother met himself a man too!!!. LOL, I love road trips. I loved the part where they found the safety deposit box and found the money. I was so happy for them!!! Can't wait until next week. I saw in the preview where Holly said just because I had an affair with your father does not mean that you can rob me!!! I wonder what that was all about???

Can't wait until next week

FORT Fogey
    I like it when shows deal with current issues, as long as they write it well. With this show, it's so evident to me that the conservative POV is being written by a liberal-minded person who is trying to convey how a conservative would think. That's better than not acknowledging that viewpoint at all, but most of the arguments that come out of Kitty's mouth, I find myself (as a conservative) saying "HUH?"

I absolutely loved the road trip parts of last night's show. I think this show does an incredibly great job of depicting those little jabs that only brothers and sisters can take at each other as well as the "don't tell anyone, only you know" bits of news that ALWAYS spread throughout a family. I love the way those dynamics are shown, and the road trip did a fantastic job of that. I loved the whole "Forget the stereotypes" ... "about the stereotypes ..." bit.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansmommie;2149103;
    Can't wait until next week. I saw in the preview where Holly said just because I had an affair with your father does not mean that you can rob me!!! I wonder what that was all about???
    I wonder if it has something to do with the $30 million dollar piece of land in Nevada. Maybe it was meant for Holly and Rebecca. His way of leaving them a little something.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce;2149116;
    I wonder if it has something to do with the $30 million dollar piece of land in Nevada. Maybe it was meant for Holly and Rebecca. His way of leaving them a little something.
    I thought that as well, but then wouldn't he have told Holly how to find it? Or left her some clues? He seemed to be expecting his wife to find it judging by the letter. But only if she found out about his love child?? Maybe Holly will get a post death letter from a lawyer...but how could she have opened the box? Maybe some power of attorney thing in the letter?
    Once the military found out he was dead wouldn't they go looking for his heirs to finalize the deal?
    Well, maybe next week we'll find out more.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I don't know about anyone else's area, but Boston Legal is showing next week instead of Brothers and Sisters. Have we reached the end of the season?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread