+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 129 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1288

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3816683;
    Well, it looks like Rob Lowe is definitely leaving the show at the end of this season. This is a heartbreaker for me, cause I love him and he is my favorite character. And there's apparently some speculation that Calista Flockhart will be leaving too --- I'm not sure I'd want to watch the show any more without them.
    There was a little blurb in Entertainment Weekly last week indicating that Calista will be back next season, but not full-time. If Kitty wins the Senate seat, she wouldn't be in California as much. Just my speculation on that, but it would explain her reduced screen time.

Speaking of Kitty running for the Senate: does anyone else think this storyline is laughable? She'd be chewed up and spit out. She has NO experience as an elected official and she's just finished cancer treatment. Maybe there are other states where she might get elected with those credentials, but not in California.

I had to go out and get ice cream on Monday after watching them all eat sundaes this week. I thought going out at 11 pm on a Sunday was a little too pathetic, so I waited a day
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3817030;
    I had to go out and get ice cream on Monday after watching them all eat sundaes this week. I thought going out at 11 pm on a Sunday was a little too pathetic, so I waited a day
    And I'm willing to bet that it was not an easy wait!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3817229;
    And I'm willing to bet that it was not an easy wait!
    Not easy at all! $1 caramel sundaes at McDonald's! Who says money can't buy happiness?

I'm not a huge fan of Holly, but I love Patricia Wettig and I love seeing her and Ken Olin together.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

If Rob Lowe leaves - I will have to rethink watching the show - he is the best part of the show!

They could spend some time on Rebecca and Justin though - no one hardly speaks of her pregnancy, what is he doing about medical school, and when are they getting married!

I would like to Gilles come back - Sarah's current beau is BORING!!! I am confused as to why now they are playing that Kevin's sperm aren't that strong - when he is Tommy's baby's father b/c his sperm beat out Justin's - who accidentally got Rebecca pregnant so we know he has no issues...

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3818814;
    I am confused as to why now they are playing that Kevin's sperm aren't that strong - when he is Tommy's baby's father b/c his sperm beat out Justin's - who accidentally got Rebecca pregnant so we know he has no issues...
    Because the writers don't realize that we're not total idiots and that we remember plot lines!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3818890;
    Because the writers don't realize that we're not total idiots and that we remember plot lines!
    I know and I hate that - and it isn't like my soap when it was 10 years ago that we found out someone was sterile and now suddenly is pregnant...I mean in 10 years I might forget that information AND the writer turnover on soaps means that I actually probably know more than the writers...

but that story was just 2 years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3819019;
    I know and I hate that - and it isn't like my soap when it was 10 years ago that we found out someone was sterile and now suddenly is pregnant...I mean in 10 years I might forget that information AND the writer turnover on soaps means that I actually probably know more than the writers...

but that story was just 2 years ago....

If the show gets wind that the viewers are calling them out on this, they will come up with some lame reason, rest assured! The writers of tv shows are great spin doctors!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So now we know that if the guys do have a successful pregnancy the baby's father will be Scotty, right, as they only had one embryo fathered by Kevin? But Kevin will still have a bio child in the world, Tommy's. Yikes... what a complex family. Meanwhile the whole issue about the other family bastard spilling the wine has completely disappeared. I thought the insurance people wouldn't pay up if Holly didn't press charges....so they are just going to eat that loss?
    And does Holly getting married mean she will sell Ojai to the other guy and leave the show?
    That's all assuming Kevin and Scotty's babymama can abstain from sex....I was really forseeing a story where she was pregnant but the baby was really her nearly underage boyfriend's.

FORT Fogey

I liked the show very much at first, but this season it's becoming a hodgepodge of characters coming and going and story lines starting and stopping without really going anywhere. I don't know what the problem is ... Too many characters? Lack of direction?

Also, did Holly actually have sex with that horrible man? I find that out of character for the shrewd businesswoman she has become. Him coming onto her that way was creepy and disgusting, and whatever he was offering in exchange was not worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3819329;
    I liked the show very much at first, but this season it's becoming a hodgepodge of characters coming and going and story lines starting and stopping without really going anywhere. I don't know what the problem is ... Too many characters?
    Perhaps too damn many babies and too much obsession thereof.
    (a common sign of shark-jumping)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread