+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rachael Ray's Talk Show

If you saw the show today where Rachel cooked the tilapia fillets, I have a suggestion. Instead of the several spices she used with the corn flake crumbs (coriander, dry mustard and paprika) which I don't normally have on hand, use crushed taco chips. Your favorite Doritos, crushed up adds flavor and works just as well. Or mix them in with the corn flakes. Yummo!

I've served tilapia with rice and a side of veggies. She doesn't seem to like veggies or carbs.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    If you saw the show today where Rachel cooked the tilapia fillets, I have a suggestion. Instead of the several spices she used with the corn flake crumbs (coriander, dry mustard and paprika) which I don't normally have on hand, use crushed taco chips. Your favorite Doritos, crushed up adds flavor and works just as well. Or mix them in with the corn flakes. Yummo!

I've served tilapia with rice and a side of veggies. She doesn't seem to like veggies or carbs.
    Oh, misskitty, that's a great suggestion! I'm not a big fish lover but I'm trying to eat more fish and I do like tilapia. I thought the corn flakes sounded great and doritos would make it even better. I think it would be great with rice.

One of my co-workers tried the recipe she made that was like lasagna only using ready-made ravioli instead of lasagna noodles and she said her family really liked it.

My 10 year old son loves RR for some reason...she annoys the C!@P outta me most of the time! But I have prepared a few of her 30 minute meals and they suprised me by being not only fairly simple but tasty too!
    BTW my son says he might grow up and marry her because as he puts it.."shes pretty and she can cook!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyeightgirl View Post
    My 10 year old son loves RR for some reason...she annoys the C!@P outta me most of the time! But I have prepared a few of her 30 minute meals and they suprised me by being not only fairly simple but tasty too!
    BTW my son says he might grow up and marry her because as he puts it.."shes pretty and she can cook!!"
    Thanks, I can't stand her either and I don't know why. She just irks me. Maybe she is too chipper???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Although I have been looking forward to this show, I've been so busy that I didn't get a chance to catch her show until today, and it was a recording of what I think was her second broadcast.

I have to say that I, uh, hope the show gels more. It felt very awkward and Rachael was acting...honestly, a little cracked out. I could deal with her perkiness, but now I see why some people find it grating, because for some reason the live audience amplified her hyperactive side.

I still love her though, and maybe she needs to settle into the show. Even Conan O'Brien needed time adjusting, right?

ETA: She malapropistically used the word "canoodling" which for some reason completely bugged me!
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 09-29-2006 at 04:46 AM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

She certainly has a very big personality, but I just can't get enough. I love that she is so goofy. On 30 minute meals, she drops stuff and spills stuff and messes up, but she is so cute about it. I have loved all of her food network shows and am so happy for her to get this show under oprah's wing. If your gonna do it, you could not ask for a better backer.
    She also from upstate new york and I have a special affection for my fellow land of the forgotten new york natives. She really had a simple, working class upbringing and was raised around food, helping her mom cook and truely loving what she does. She worked her way up from working in restaurants in Albany to NYC, guest appearing on morning tv and eventually getting regular FN appearances and own show(s). Her spitfire personality, signature rachelisms (Yumm-O being MY personal favorite) and hearty, so loud and funny you know it's real laugh have gotten her where she is and I just adore her. You can tell she loves food and you can tell from her cute, but not hollywood typical curves she knows what she's talking about. She is very real, very relatable. Love her!

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!
    I watched the show for the first time yesterday (and I am a huge RR fan) and thought she was cracked out too. She seemed a littled forced and out of her element except when she was cooking. I'll watch it again but her thang is just not a live audiance right now or at least it didn't seem like it to me

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakegirl
    ..ETA: She malapropistically used the word "canoodling" which for some reason completely bugged me!
    Is that bad? My sweetie and I "canoodle" but I don't know if we do it malapropistically!??! What does that mean?

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    MissKitty: Canoodling was originally coined as a term for flirting/getting it on between actors on location...implies adultery and/or some other form of underhandedness. I think that's what SFG meant, and I know that's what I thought when Rach said it, even though I love her I was like "oops, improper usage!"

I love this show. I have read the articles/bytes and posts here about her being loud and screamy, but I personally don't mind. I think she may have to get used to the mic/live audience thing, and I think she is a little rushed/stressed. But I do notice uneven sound throughout the show, even when others are speaking, or when no one is, so maybe they're still working out some kinks on that cavernous set.

I love the show, I love her, I love the ideas, I love the set, and the website is one of the best around!

I'm trying to get my tickets to the show... The taping times aren't really good for me, and you are not guaranteed to get in, so if I take a day off, I want to make sure I can get in!!!
    Could does not mean should

Thanks VeronicaBelle

I think I understand more. I still really enjoy the show, even with Rach's quirkiness. It's fast-paced, laid-back, and has great ideas. Which I appreciate.

I agree her set is fabulous and I like that it's a small, intimate audience. She's the real deal.

Today's recipes looked really good too. I'd like to make them both and freeze it in portions for quick suppers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast