+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rachael Ray's Talk Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    And SnowflakeGirl, I'm a horrible cook! I didn't really start to cook until I got married a few years ago--and then Rachael's recipes came in handy 'cause most of them are so simple. It used to take me about 45 minutes to prepare her meals, but now, seriously, I can do them in 30 minutes or less. I've also learned to improvise a lot where I follow her recipes the first few times and then add things later that I like. So it just takes a few times to get up to her speed (pun intended!). I love just about all of her pasta dishes! Yummo, as she would say!

I wonder if she'll have a short cooking segment on her talk show? Also, has anyone read her magazine? Is it any good?
    Your post was very encouraging to me, Lois Lane. Maybe I can shave my time down to 76 minutes!

Regarding your questions, I too hope she'll not abandon what made her famous, and talk about food at least some of the time. I think the enthusiasm she has for food, which you described, is part of her appeal (in contrast, I hate the hosts on Food TV who look like they don't even eat telling me what's good in food ).

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    As I was saying, before my drunken self hit the back button, have any of you read her magazine? It's really full of Rachelisms and I liked it. She is endearingly annoying. She's such a geeky goofball, but she clearly loves her food and cooking.
    Oh I hate it when I hit the back button by accident!

No, I never read her magazine. Is it worth buying? Is it all (or at least mostly) about food?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    No, I never read her magazine. Is it worth buying? Is it all (or at least mostly) about food?
    Yes it is. I've read it once. I think they come out every 2 months. I'll buy the next one and if I still like it, I'll probably subscribe to it.

To get an idea of her magazine, you can go to it's rachelraymag site.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    The show premiers next week! I'm excited! I always watch 30 minute meals, and $40 a day; I've been reading the magazine, it seems that it comes out "seasonally", probably four times per year, but maybe I've missed an issue?; and I have a few of her cookbooks. I think there is another thread where I posted how much I enjoy her "lovable goofball" patter. I can't wait to see her interact with people (loved ones, celebrities, experts) on her talk show, it should be really enjoyable.

Also, the meals she will prepare during the last segment of each show will take 7 minutes to prepare; I wonder how long those will take us mortals?
    Could does not mean should

I get to see Rachel Ray's show because it will be on Citytv and not cable . I like what I've seen of her and her idea that cooking can be relatively easy and taste great! I have one of her cookbooks.

She's up against Dr. Phil (no biggie) but also Y&R (which could pose a problem). What to do....what to do.....
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Yes, I remember the attack on her in the Food Network thread, and I kept my mouth shut, but wanted to say something about the food at a sort of mediorcre restaurtant in Vancouver that a certain waiter who doesn't like Rachel worked at. I like her, and I've actually cooked some of her recipes and they tasted better than any of the excursions I've made into Martha territory and I didn't have to venture into Chinatown in search of lime kafir leaves. My only complaint, please, no more e.v.v.o, just say olive oil.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I adore Rachel Ray! Her show will come on here at 3:00 (it will be on opposite Dr. Phil). I'm at work so I'll have to tape her show. I can't wait to see her show! I'm sure it'll do well....

And sorry Lotuslander...I love when she says e.v.o.o!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I love the Rachelisms.
    EVOO
    yummers
    *whatever* overboard!

My only beef (no pun intended) with "evoo" is that she uses it in practically every application. If you are frying at a higher heat, it's not such a good idea because it has a lower smoking point than the clearer oils. Even regular olive oil (ROO? ) is better for that.

Schmoo2 - I'm not nitpicking, I just wanted to share that I've always said "yummers" and have felt funny about it since she hit the scene with "yumm-o". (Don't want people thinking "that pathetic woman is copying Rachael Ray"! )
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Ok, I'll admit it, I started watching her show because I think she's a super-hottie. She's flat-out-gorgeous, I'm glad she's not a "stick-figure" cook. She, Nigella, and Giada can cook for me anytime...preferably all three at once!

*ahem* That being said, I really like her Tasty Travels and especially $40-a-day. Although I will admit I tried 2 of her suggestions in Las Vegas (Sam's Town for breakfast and a bakery) and they weren't so hot. On the other hand, her choiced for Oahu Hawai'i were outstanding!

I'll TiVO her show and see what's up.

I like that Rachel likes to cook, likes to eat, likes to enjoy a drink, and likes to enjoy life. That's a good message.

I'm going to try the chicken recipe she did today. How easy is that! I like easy and tasty.

The only thing I noticed today was that she seemed to be yelling a lot. She has a mic. She doesn't have to yell. I know, she's just excited.

And her recipes are not necessarily low cal, low fat, or always cheap. But they are fairly easy to adapt. or substitue. As in using prociutto. It's like $6 for 4 slices here. So I just use ham.

I enjoyed the fact that the show covers many things, and seems to promote real people rather than big celebrities.

Gosh, would I like to be in her audience. That would be nice to eat and nibble all during the show!

BTW, since when are leggings back in? Loved those little schbooties! Gotta get me some.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast