+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 3

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Update on that....... apparently Marcia Cross is pregnant with twins!
    Multiple pregnancies are more common for older women (I believe Marcia's 44) than younger moms (in their 20s and early 30's). My guess also is that she and her hubby started fertility treatment shortly after their engagement in order to get pregnant so quickly--and fertility drugs cause multiple births more often as well. I hope her pregnancy goes well -- the babies will no doubt be very cute!

OK, not that anyone wanted to know that!

I liked last night's episode. I, too, am sick of the whole Nora storyline and was so glad when Lynette put her foot down and Tom finally grew a spine and told Nora off. And when Nora threw herself on the kids for that Christmas photo, I was thinking, my goodness, she's going to squish that poor little baby girl at the end! What a weirdo!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    While I agree that the Nora storyline got old really fast (what, like 10 minutes into the episode?) I think this is the best written episode we've seen in a long time. They couldn't cover every single storyline in the 44 minutes, but we got to see updates on the 4 central characters and have them actually meet for lunch. (But how Sex & the City was that? Bree not sleeping with Orson was soooo Charlotte not sleeping with Trey. I nearly expected her to say "alrighty" to Orson's proposal.)

I also liked the thread of Edie trying to sell Paul Young's house and having no end of difficulty. Mrs. McCluskey was great too. Plus, while Susan was klutzy (cutting Mike while shaving, spilling the smoothie) it was a believable level of klutziness, rather than having to suspend a whole lot of disbelief.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Bree not sleeping with Orson was soooo Charlotte not sleeping with Trey. I nearly expected her to say "alrighty" to Orson's proposal.)

That would've been too funny!

I think I'm offically done with this show.
    To me, it just gets more ridiculous with every epsiode.
    I don't know why I was hoping for anything different really.
    Of course Orson has murdered someone, (how many people have been murdered on this show now? A dozen?) he'll probably end up killing Laurie Metcalf's character too before long.
    Tom and Lynette were the only couple I really liked and now they've shackled them with God-awful Nora.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-16-2006 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    XioMei: You're meanest...
    Gabby: NO! I'm the meanest person you know. Modify your nouns for crying out loud
    XioMei: What a b****
    Quote Originally Posted by broadway
    ..I giggled when she told XiaoMei to talk to her Chinese friend "Sue Me."
    Those were the best for me as well! And that Bree got turned on by the cleaning perfectionism of Orson. That's classic. She thought she had a 'mini stroke'.

Mrs. McClusky was great in her tiny little part. Sweet. I'm glad Nora got put in her place. That was out of character for Lynnette to put up with that for so long. But the actress was great at playing Annoying!

Gabby gets the best lines and is the most consistent character. She's my fav
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

What happended to Paul Young? Did he go to jail? Where does his son live now? What happended to that sex addict that Bree was going out with?

I believe Paul is in jail now. The son killed grandpa, inherited his estate, and then had his cell number changed so that Paul couldn't contact him anymore. I don't know if we've seen the last of either of them though. Bree found her son in her own bed with the sex addict so that was the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I believe Paul is in jail now. The son killed grandpa, inherited his estate, and then had his cell number changed so that Paul couldn't contact him anymore. I don't know if we've seen the last of either of them though. Bree found her son in her own bed with the sex addict so that was the end of that.
    Thanks. Just one more question, what happended to Bree's children? Is her son stil at boarding school? What about her daughter? Neither were at her engagment party yesterday.

She left her son by the side of the road last season. The last we saw of her daughter, the cops had killed her boyfriend. Concerning the son (semi-spoiler)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he's supposed to turn up in a few episodes. Supposively he gets into trouble, and Bree goes to help him.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I was pleased with the episode over all. But I have to agree about Tom's lovechild storyline. The mom needs to go.

+ Reply to Thread