+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gellar leaving "Buffy"...

Gellar leaving "Buffy"...

HOLLYWOOD, California (Variety) -- Sarah Michelle Gellar's done with "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

The actress has confirmed to producer Joss Whedon something most industry insiders have assumed for months -- namely, that this season will be her last with the UPN series, according to people connected to the show.

Her departure also likely means "Buffy," at least in its current incarnation, will wrap in May, something that's also not much of a shocker, given the show's apocalyptic storylines this season.

Still to be decided: whether the producers and UPN will proceed with a new "Buffy" spinoff, or whether the franchise will simply end. WB Entertainment president Jordan Levin said Tuesday he's hopeful but not certain that "Angel," a "Buffy" spinoff launched in 1999, will be back next fall.

FORT Fanatic
    Man, I'm just about ready to say good riddance. This season has stunk IMO.

The comment about apocalyptic story lines is funny though; BTVS ALWAYS has apolcalypic story lines in every season.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I haven't seen this year yet, still waiting for FX to show it on it's endless series of reruns

I just wish this season could be better though. I don't know if they're out of ideas or what!

i'm still enjoying it. i hated last season, but have enjoyed much of this season and believe that it's only going to get better. i don't know what kind of spin off that they could do that would still keep me watching, though. i loved angel but hate the spin off, "Angel."

+ Reply to Thread