+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miss Universe

I think japan should have won

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    Let's not start picking on states here. She beat out all of the other contestants for Miss USA so either they were worse or she was better.
    That assumes that the Miss USA judging is any more equitable than the Miss Universe judging.

Then again I don't have a problem with Miss Puerto Rico winning. Maybe it was skewed by a latino in the panel, but she really has killer looks, assuming looks are at least a decent part of the final determination of course.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I know, rt1ky. She's so gorgeous that I was blown away when she opened her mouth. Perhaps they skipped the interview round in the previous pageant?? Either that, or her fellow contestants drugged her before she walked on stage.
    Here answers to the questions were disappointing. Her biggest flaw was that she wears her heart on her sleeve and wants people to be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    Here answers to the questions were disappointing. Her biggest flaw was that she wears her heart on her sleeve and wants people to be happy?
    No, her biggest flaw was just that she sounded like a ditz while doing so. She sounded like "world peace" chick from Miss Congeniality.

She is absolutely beautiful, but she just came across as the least mature of the five, that's all.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    No, her biggest flaw was just that she sounded like a ditz while doing so. She sounded like "world peace" chick from Miss Congeniality.

She is absolutely beautiful, but she just came across as the least mature of the five, that's all.
    During the question period I kept picturing her pageant coaches cringing at her performance.

FORT Fogey
    i think she did good n the question. It's not easy to tell your flaw. It's like on a job interview, what's your weekness.
    Anyway, Japan should have won, but they were going for the plastic look

I was definatly expecting Miss Japan to win. But as soon as the lights shined on Miss Puerto Rico during the evening wear round, I knew she won. She blew my breath away.

Miss USA really messed up on the question. I think she was going for a more comfortable answer instead of an interview answer. She just blamed on for too long. If her answer was shorter about "her heart on her sleeve" then I think she would at least have placed higher.

But you know, I kind of thought Mexico was gonna place higher than she did too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Janey View Post
    Was she from Texas?
    Nope, Kentucky I believe.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

YAY!!! I was so excited when Miss Puerto Rico won!!! She was my favorite. I heard that 40 mins after she won, Miss Universe fainted. She's okay now...

FORT Fogey
    But you know, I kind of thought Mexico was gonna place higher than she did too.
    yeah me too. mexico should have placed over paraguay. but i guess the judges got pissed of at the fans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast