+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Eureka

Re: Eureka

Wow, that was an interesting finale, I hope they writers can tie up all those story arcs. Looking forward to this year's Christmas Special.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Wow, its the last season of Eureka and there are only 10 episodes left. The season started right on the heels of last years finale cliffhanger with the spaceship Astreaus mysteriously disappearing. There was a 3 episode story arc starting April 16th, continuing on April 23rd and ending on April 30th. While I loved episodes 1, 2 and 3 (Lost, The Real Thing and Force Quit) it felt a wee bit rushed and short and I got the feeling that the story arc could have continued for another episode or 2 which I am sure was the original intent as the series has been averaging 18 to 22 episodes the previous 2 seasons. The SyFy channel gave very little heads up to the production crew about the cancellation of this series so I am sure they were running around slashing projected ideas and trying to wrap up the story arcs into some kind of presentable whole to not disappoint fans too much.

The series finale will be on June 25, 2012.

FORT Fogey

Yeah it's rushed, but at least they get to wrap up the series.

Again episode 4, Friendly Fire and episode 5, Jack of All Trades shown on May 7th and May 14th seem rushed. Jack of All Trades had the potential to be a brilliant standout performance with Sheriff Jack Carter's mind jumping from person to person. It was a bit of a hoot to see the various actors perform as if they were Jack but it seemed more a of rehearsal session with the actors not having quite the nuances of Jack's personality and character quite right.

Worst Case Scenario
    Episode 6
    May 21, 2012

Wonderful, the show is back on track as far as pacing, story telling and the way the characters are interacting with each other. It is a shame that SyFy's unexpected cancellation of this show resulted in less than best effort on episodes 1 through 5 but I am glad the cast and crew is back in top form.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

There is one more episode coming up in June.

I really hope they do find an alive Holly and pull her out of the matrix; then hunt down the senator and shut the cabal down for good. That would be a good series ender.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well season 5 is 14 episodes long. Episodes 7 through 10 are scheduled to air June 4, 11, 18, and 25.

Series Finale will be on July 16, 2012 per tvline.com

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Thanks - I only saw the June 4 episode listed at the site. Hopefully, they will wrap this up with a pretty bow and not too many tears.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wonder if the original four will end up in their Eureka or continue in this Eureka.

Seems as if they rushed the first 5 eps resolving the Astreus issue and giving themselves 8 episodes to tidy up the remaining story arcs.

+ Reply to Thread