+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Eureka

Re: Eureka

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4041212;
    SyFy has renewed the show for a 5th season.
    Since it is the one good quality show they have on the air they had better have.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4041267;
    Since it is the one good quality show they have on the air they had better have.
    You don't like Warehouse 13? I do!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4041437;
    You don't like Warehouse 13? I do!
    I think Warehouse 13 can be fun but it is not in the same class as Eureka. Of the 4 original fictional shows the SyFy network shows I think that I would place them in this order:

1. Eureka
    2. Warehouse 13
    3. Sanctuary
    4. Haven

The SyFy network needs to get another show at the same level or better than Eureka.

For me, it's

1. Warehouse 13
    2. Eureka
    3. Sanctuary (started out as a favorite, but I didn't much care for the direction it took by season 3).
    4. Haven (I'm still not sure if I'll continue with this one. Interesting premised, but the main characters aren't grabbing me as I would like.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Sanctuary can be very uneven in its storytelling.

Only 2 more episodes left, on 8/20 and 8/27. I wonder how they will resolve the time travel issue? I have a feeling that this story arc will continue into season 5.

Also interesting to note how many of the actors from Battlestar Galactica have easily found other jobs or series, I quess scifi/syfy was good for their careers. Even Tess, Carter's now ex is now appearing on Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva.

Nice to see that Carter and Allison finally acknowledging (sp) their attraction and acting on it. It has been almost 4 years in the making.
    I am not liking this timeline story at all. I hope it corrects itself soon.
    In the previews
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it looks like Nathan shows back up. He must not have died in this timeline.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

FYI - updates razorbacker's previous post

Eureka Season 5 return pickup - Eureka Season 5 renewed order - Eureka

NEW YORK, NY—Syfy is greenlighting its hit original dramedy "Eureka" for Season 5, it was announced today by Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, Syfy and Co-Head of Content for Universal Cable Productions, which produces the series.

Eureka seems like any other cozy, Pacific Northwest town, but is actually a secret community of geniuses assembled by the government to conduct top-secret research. What they've unwittingly created is a place where anything imaginable can happen—and does. "Eureka" stars Colin Ferguson, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Joe Morton, Erica Cerra, Neil Grayston, Niall Matter, James Callis and features Jordon Hinson. Co-creator Jaime Paglia and Bruce Miller are Executive Producers.

Since "Eureka's" 4th season premiere on July 9, 2010, and with the most recent Live +7 data factored in, the show is averaging a 2.2 HH rating and more than 3 million total viewers per week (1,335 million Adults 18-49 and 1,531 million Adults 25-54).

In addition to great ratings, "Eureka" has also achieved new creative heights including: a time-altering storyline that has reset the series raising both the drama and stakes for the main characters; the addition of James Callis ("Battlestar Galactica") as the new character, Dr. Charles Grant; a first-ever crossover episode with Syfy's "Warehouse 13," a top-notch lineup of special guest stars including Ming-Na, Jaime Ray Newman, Ed Quinn, Wil Wheaton, Jamie Kennedy, Chris Parnell, Matt Frewer and Felicia Day; and a recently announced holiday episode slated to air in December.

"'Eureka' remains a steadfast performer for Syfy with its superb cast and perfect blend of drama, comedy and eye candy," said Stern. "Given what Jaime, Bruce and their entire team have done collectively to reinvent the show this year, we can't wait to see what's in store for season 5."

"Eureka" airs Friday nights at 9:00PM ET/PT on Syfy.

Son OF A .... frikkin Stark just had to come back, just when things were getting good. Damnit.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

well that will teach me to post while watching. I'm glad that Allison and Jack will get a chance to explore a little more
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread