+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Eureka

Re: Eureka

Last night's episode was very good. I liked the use of Stark, at first I thought it was connected to the mummy and was pleasently surprised when it wasn't.

Caught the Heroes reference as well. Oh how I love this show! It has a similar dynamic to Farscape. Another show I loved. Carter is the every man that we see the show thru. He's not the smartest, but the group would be lost without him because he pulls their bacon out of the fire on a consistant basis.

Loved the scene where Fargo saw Stark and thought he was in heaven.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3179469;
    Last night's episode was very good. I liked the use of Stark, at first I thought it was connected to the mummy and was pleasently surprised when it wasn't.

Caught the Heroes reference as well. Oh how I love this show! It has a similar dynamic to Farscape. Another show I loved. Carter is the every man that we see the show thru. He's not the smartest, but the group would be lost without him because he pulls their bacon out of the fire on a consistant basis.

Loved the scene where Fargo saw Stark and thought he was in heaven.
    I also loved Farscape, AsIs and I tend to agree with your feeling of some similarity between the two shows. Eureka is one of my favorites, another example of a great ensemble cast.

I suspected that locket had something to do with Stark's appearance since so much was made of it during the wedding show and then Carter's giving it to her just when he did.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

You are smarter than me Florimel! That or you give shows more credit than I do!

But yeah, it made perfect sense after it was revealed.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

If you guys like Eureka, then you should check out ABC Family's The Middleman. A lot of the dialog is so Buffy like and some of the references to other shows or films is really smartly done. I like it when the writers treat the viewing audience as if we have a brain cell or two unlike some of the bigger networks who approach writing TV scripts as if the audience is just plain dumb.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I loved the last middleman with all the Bruce Willis references. Very funny

Here Comes the Suns was the episode that had to incorporate Degree into the premise of the plot.

I thought they did a good job with it without being overbearing as well. I really liked the episode and the interactions between the characters. It was back to fun Eureka!

Yikes, Eva Thorne is 107. I wonder if she is afraid she will live forever? I can't believe that Sherriff Carter was fired. I love the developing chemistry between Carter and Allison now that Stark is gone. Still it was a bit of a dig to have Allison pregnant with Stark's baby. Although on the other hand it would piss Stark off royal to have Carter raise any of his children. I thoroughly enjoy this smartly written show and hope that the showkillers at SciFi channel are intelligent enough to keep this show around for several more seasons instead of giving us more Saturday movie night drivel.

I'm re-watching seasons 1 and 2 and the baby being Stark's is rather ironic. In the alternate universe created to save Kim, Carter and Allison are married and expecting a baby. In the first show after the return to normal, Carter kept seeing sideways timelines until Henry erased his memory. If he had remembered, this would have been another sideways timeline. It happened, just not as it did in the parallel universe.

I thought I read that they would be showing new episodes in January. Please. Please.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

So glad Eureka is back! I like the alternate timeline that is set up. It shakes things up a bit. My heart broke for Jo tho.

Poor Jack Carter this is the third time line he has been involved with. Still the story was fun. I wonder if they will resolve the time line issue quickly or take all season to do so?

+ Reply to Thread