+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Eureka

Re: Eureka

Just watched Carter's Honeymoon episode and you can see that the original story arc included Holly coming back in a new organic/robotic body and that she is going wacko. That was June 25, 2012 and there are only 3 episodes left to go, July 2, July 9 and the series finale on July 16. I just hope with a little time as the producers were given my the SyFy geniuses that they can wrap up the show satisfactory for both the viewers and the series as a whole.
    Duxxy and Florimel like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

The thing is...I don't like where the show is going. Last episode brought in the whole "other time line" storyline which sort of made sense, but it is like they are reminding us of where the main story is now - Kevin not autistic, etc. Grace married to Henry (which is now complicating the plot line.) Are they leading back to another wormhole to the parallel universe or staying in this new universe? They are keeping me guessing, so I guess that is good.

What I do want to happen is that the Atreus mess be cleaned and cleared up once and for all; and that Holly is found corporeally alive (wishful thinking) That Jack and his new family flourish and that main street continues to thrive. What will probably happen is that it all blows up - sending the main characters back to where they ended in the original universe...sort of like "it was all a dream" scenario. But, however they end it, I'll be watching.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Episode 11 - Mirror, Mirror (a nod to the original Star Trek episode?0 and episode 12 - Double Take were brilliant. Jo and Jack from the Reality Eureka take over Holly and start sending everyone in town back to Reality Eureka. Luv'ed it, luv'ed it, luv'ed it. If continued to what was to be the season finale it would have been a brilliant trilogy to a very creative cliffhanger. But according to the awesome TV Guide the producers of SyFy had very little time to create a series finale because they were told the series had been picked up, canceled and then barely given any time to wrap up all the story lines in to one episode. Thanks very much to the geniuses at the SyFy network. I have heard that the producers and writers take a lot of pokes at the network in tomorrow nights series finale.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Episode 11 - Mirror, Mirror (a nod to the original Star Trek episode?0 and episode 12 - Double Take were brilliant. Jo and Jack from the Reality Eureka take over Holly and start sending everyone in town back to Reality Eureka. Luv'ed it, luv'ed it, luv'ed it. If continued to what was to be the season finale it would have been a brilliant trilogy to a very creative cliffhanger. But according to the awesome TV Guide the producers of Eureka had very little time to create a series finale because they were told the series had been picked up, canceled and then barely given any time to wrap up all the story lines in to one episode. Thanks very much to the geniuses at the SyFy network. I have heard that the producers and writers take a lot of pokes at the network in tomorrow nights series finale.
    Don't write posts when you are tired.

LOL Bearcata! we're all guilty
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

After seeing the last episode my only response is eh. I think the main purpose was to give it an end, let as many previous stars and previous guest stars as possible have cameos and let the story have a possible continuation. I think the entire purpose of having the town bought is so they can set it up for anyone that may buy the series. Unless someone has heard something I haven't, nobody is slated to buy it yet. Of course who would buy it from SyFy, but who would take a cast off from SyFy channel. I can't believe how far down that network has gone. Now it seems to be the network of bad reality shows and shows that are so bad that they are made fun of on "The Soup". I can't believe it is the same network that at one point had Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, etc. It seems to now be the network to go to, to run out your contract. I think SyFy network itself jumped the shark when they went from being called the Sci-Fi channel to being call SyFy. Now that Eureka is off the network, I can't see any reason to watch it anymore. Two bad there aren't any British characters on the show, other then as minor characters including the guy that bought the town, otherwise it might be picked up by BBC America. The home of Dr. Who, ST:NG and at least for an entire run of the show Battlestar Gallactica.

Hey, Alphas is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Hey, Alphas is pretty good.
    Another example of a good show going to SyFy to die, probably just to run out a contract. Same thing happened with SG1, Battlestar and others.

I'm pretty much down to watching only Warehouse 13 now. The network's quality has plummeted since that inane name change. Syfy: Imagine Greater | Syfy still gets me there and that's the URL I use.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    Another example of a good show going to SyFy to die, probably just to run out a contract. Same thing happened with SG1, Battlestar and others.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Alphas started on the SyFy network so they do have a vested interest in keeping it alive for at least another 2.5 seasons when they will then tell the producers that they will have a 5th season and then the next day change their minds and cancel the show with an abrupt series finale.

+ Reply to Thread