+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Psych

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Psych

I liked the model episode too. I liked that they brought the Henry-Shawn relationship back to some seriousness concerning Shawn's mother/the divorce/dating issues. Obviously, I don't want that every week, but it's nice to know they didn't forget about the tone set in the first few episodes of S1. And I also loved that they let Melanie Lynskey use her real accent. I haven't heard her speak in a non-American accent since "Heavenly Creatures"! Of course, there were the silly male models too--I waz zee one who peed in the hot tub!--that cracked me up.

I generally love this show, but is it my imagination or does it have a hideously short season? It seems like five eps long and then I can't even get the reruns.

I hate cartoon Shawn and Gus, but love seeing them as real kids.

What is the story with Shawn's mom? Did she just run off?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The season is 14 episodes long--seven in the summer, seven in the winter. But it is too short, IMO. As for Shawn's mother, we know that she and Henry divorced when he was about 15/16, left town, and Shawn went to live with/near her after high school. Most of that was said in the first episode and hasn't really been touched on in detail since. And, if memory serves, the only 2 times she's "in" the 1980s flashbacks were (1) in the intro to the model episode, where she was upstairs dressing Shawn (but not seen) and (2) at the start of the mummy episodes, she exited the room where she & Henry were watching the scary movie, so we saw her in shadow for about 2 seconds. I hope they address the mom issue in season 3, but July is a long time to wait.

It seems like mom will be addressed now that she has shown up.

Wonder if she brought a pineapple?

LG.

what is the deal with the pineapples? I love pineapples, and was wondering why Sean is so attached to them.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

from what I have read, on the first show - the actor who plays shawn 'adlibbed' by picking up a pineapple and working it into a scene. Now he tries to work one into each show. The fun part is to watch for it.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2799354;
    I generally love this show, but is it my imagination or does it have a hideously short season? It seems like five eps long and then I can't even get the reruns.

I hate cartoon Shawn and Gus, but love seeing them as real kids.

What is the story with Shawn's mom? Did she just run off?
    I have been playing catch up on past shows ive missed.. in the first one, he said when he showed up at his dads house that he was ouf helping his mother deal with her divorce, and it had some bitterness in it. I assume they got divorced and shawn blamed his dad? Maybe?

I have a lot from this seasn to watch so her showing up.. havent seen that yet! lol i need to get watching!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

This is absolutely my favorite TV show! And I too love the pineapple joke XD

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hil34;2827849;
    This is absolutely my favorite TV show! And I too love the pineapple joke XD
    my daughter and i watch and and she HAS to try and find the pineapple.. and does the pound at the end to lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Bumping cause new episodes are coming back friday!! Whoo hoo!!

Did everyone hear about Cybill Shepherd joining the cast? She's playing Shawns MOM...drama drama, she surely has something big to tell Shawn...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread