+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Psych

Quote Originally Posted by ozjod View Post
    Goodness knows what could have happened by the time the boys walked around the block.

How funny, I was thinking the same thing (that they better walk fast!).

I hope this show stays silly and irreverent, it's very quirky that way and I really like it.

I've only seen one episode, the spelling bee one? But I thought it was very charming.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Once again, I found this show delightful. The acting chemistry between James Roday and Dule Hill is wonderful and Corbin Berson excels as Daddy Dearest.

I like Tim Omundson as the lieutenant and the character even showed a little growth last night when he gave Shawn a grudging "Well done."
    I don't think the two women's roles are as well developed as yet, but that may change in time.

It's not often that I laugh out loud when watching a tv show, especially when I'm alone, but Shawn's line, "I've been promoted. Now I'm Captain Crunch," got me.

Well done! Keep up the good work, Psych.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I love this new show! I think the chemistry between the two leads, Shawn and Gus, (acting-wise, not romantically ) is great! I love the outtakes at the end of the show when they show them just goofing around and singing

I agree with those who wonder about the replacement of the female detective. I liked the actress in the first episode! Also, I agree with the observation that the lead male detective is played a bit too over the top. If a police psychic had solved 4 huge cases for you, you would probably be leaning towards giving him more credit (or at least more access) than the detective does.

I hope they keep the scripts funny and fresh and don't tire us out with the ongoing 'power battle' between the male detective and Shawn.

Apparently NBC is going to start airing this on Monday nights at 8 pm beginning tomorrow. But they're starting with episode #2. Does this mean that those of us who haven't seen the show will miss out on some important character development? I can't fathom why they would neglect to show us the pilot episode.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I do think the pilot is important to the understanding of the underlying relationships and the motivation for Shawn to do what he does.

If it helps, I know that USA is broadcasting a repeat of the pilot show on Tueday, August 8 (tomorrow) at 2 a.m. Eastern time. If you get USA and plan to watch the show, I'd record it if you can. I watch shows at that hour, but I'm sure most people don't. It is also scheduled for August 19th
    at 12:30 pm Eastern. And, I think there's going to be a Psych marathon on August 25 -- all on U.S.A.

Why NBC would choose not to show the pilot first is just another example of the network mentality, but possibly because the pilot is 2 hours.

Hope this helps a little.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I've got a possibly stupid question on this show. I've seen 2 episodes, and think it is pretty cute and fits well after Monk. But, what's been nagging me is how these guys get paid. They're out there solving the crimes for the cops and never once do you hear them talk about getting paid for a case or being on retainer with the cops. They talk about it on Monk from time to time, and on other shows the psychic/detective/whatever is on a retainer, so I was wondering if it was ever talked about on this show & I missed it.

I might have to rewatch the end of the first show, but I am sure the subject of money comes up. I am really enjoying this show and it is nice to see Dule in a role that is a little more fun.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I love this show more with each episode. I rarely laugh out loud at television (except The Office!) but some of the things Shawn says has me doing just that.

I assumed they were getting paid (a small amount at least) since the pregnant Chief (is that her title?) sometimes refers to the case she has them working on. Clearly they don't make much though, since Gus still has his full-time job. I wonder when Gus has the time to sell for his full-time job because it seems like he's so busy with the Psych agency.

I would like to see more of Corbin as the dad, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I do think the pilot is important to the understanding of the underlying relationships and the motivation for Shawn to do what he does.

If it helps, I know that USA is broadcasting a repeat of the pilot show on Tueday, August 8 (tomorrow) at 2 a.m. Eastern time. If you get USA and plan to watch the show, I'd record it if you can. I watch shows at that hour, but I'm sure most people don't. It is also scheduled for August 19th
    at 12:30 pm Eastern. And, I think there's going to be a Psych marathon on August 25 -- all on U.S.A.

Why NBC would choose not to show the pilot first is just another example of the network mentality, but possibly because the pilot is 2 hours.

Hope this helps a little.
    Thanks Florimel, but no I don't get the USA network.

I found episode #2 quite enjoyable and will continue watching. But can somebody tell me why Shawn is pretending to be psychic? And what is Gus' (Dule Hill) occupation? Is he a P.I. or a cop or what? And did episode #1 shed any light on why Corbin Bernsen is so grumpy?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread