+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Psych

Re: Psych

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Psych has done great homage episodes before (Friday the 13th, American Werewolf in London, the awesome Twin Peaks episode from a couple years ago) but OMG, the Clue homage episode was so fun tonight! I did get a bit wistful about the passing of Madeline Kahn when Lesley Ann Warren delivered her "flames, flames" lines, but it made it all worth it when they dedicated the episode to Madeline Kahn's memory. I just wish all the alternate endings were up on the USA site now, as advertized. They probably will be once the show has aired on the west coast.
    This is the first time I've seen the show since the season opener - but mostly due to work. Loved seeing Christopher Lloyd in this episode and just the whole insanity of the "Clue" theme and storyline. Gus was really hysterical (both senses of the word) with the hidden tunnels.

Do have one question though - given they did the dedication to Madeline Kahn... were several of the guest stars ALL cast in the original Clue? I knew Lloyd was, but not sure about the others.

Yes, I loved tonight's Clue episode and the dedication to Madeleine Kahn as well. I picked Christopher Lloyd's character as the murderer, but I agree that I'd alike to see all the endings.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Do have one question though - given they did the dedication to Madeline Kahn... were several of the guest stars ALL cast in the original Clue? I knew Lloyd was, but not sure about the others.
    According to IMDB, Christopher Lloyd, Martin Mull, and Lesley Ann Warren were all part of the Clue cast.

Thanks TripleGemini - I thought most of them would be save the musician.

I didn't vote but I expected it to be either Lloyd's character or the one it was. I just felt "Miss Scarlet" wouldn't make sense though the Rocker would've - but that was probably not going to happen anyway nor "RIP's" character.

I did love the fact the deceased was named Rip though - just as funny as the dead guy in the Clue game is named Mr. X.

Maggie Lawson (Juliet) will be starring in one of ABC's new fall comedies, Back in the Game. Also starring as her father is James Caan. I will be checking this one out.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

The musical episode wasn't as great as I had hoped, but it was fun to watch. I had known that Lassie could sing and dance really well from earlier episodes, that Dule is a very good dancer, and that was also quite a good singer. Roday had his vocal ups and downs and Maggie Lawson's voice was weak. Corbin has never been a singer that I know of, but he tried.

I liked that they brought back Ally Sheedy as Yin/Yang with a good wrap for her story.

I'm excited by the list of guest stars for the season finale, which include Phylicia Rashad, Sutton Foster, Mira Sorvino, and, most especially, BRUCE CAMPBELL!!!
    Punkin likes this.

Announced earlier today: This will be Psych's last season.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Announced earlier today: This will be Psych's last season.
    That's what I've been expecting to hear. All their interviews and promotional material have been talking about how every character will change, grow, and mature in this season's stories. As soon as I started reading that, "finale season" jumped into my mind.

I love Psych, but I think it's time. James Roday and Dule Hill have aged out of their roles as adult children. Even Lassie is grey-haired this season. Now that Anthony Michael Hall has finished his guest run, I think we'll see Kristin Helson back and the show will finish with its whole starting group. They have entertained me well over the years and I do still watch reruns of older episodes.
    Punkin and GabbyG like this.

They ended tonight's episode with Roday and Hill announcing that this is the final season. In typical fashion ;-)
    Florimel likes this.

I could watch their "Bigfoot" episode over and over and still ROFL.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread