+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: As The World Turns

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Wow, that is shocking news! I've been out of town all week so this is the first I've heard this. Ironically, I watched ATWT every day this week and cried over Jennifer's scenes with the family and now to know that Ben/Hal is dead...it's terrible.

BTW...Jen had something like congestive heart failure because of her pneumonia, at least I think that's what they said.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Anybody else not really feeling the Maddie storyline? I think the story itself may be pretty good but it could have been introduced better. Of course when she came to town we knew she had some type of problem at home however her behavior did not give a clue to a sexual assault - no flashbacks. She wasn't shy or timid and was after Casey to go further, then she sees the new guy and just freaks completely out and now acts completely different. I don't know. I know an assault is definitely traumatizing and I'm not making light of that but I think the writers came up with this as a cool summer story after the character was introduced and it's not working for me. I actually liked her character initialy so I hope they'll get the storyline moving along before those scenes get the FFWD

SweetMimi? I completely agree 100%! I feel the same way. I am not feeling this SL with Maddie at all. I just doesn't seem very credible. It doesn't jive!

Thanks redbird68. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm hoping it will get better as we get through the summer.
    *Spoiler Alert *
    I read there are supposed to be several murders throughout the summer and I'm wondering if they are going to have her be the killer. They've already killed off Jenifer then we have this next round of murders coming up. Did they all of a sudden change writers or something? I don't mind a new direction but hopefully they can work things in better than they did with Maddie's past.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMimi View Post
    I read there are supposed to be several murders throughout the summer and I'm wondering if they are going to have her be the killer. They've already killed off Jenifer then we have this next round of murders coming up. Did they all of a sudden change writers or something? I don't mind a new direction but hopefully they can work things in better than they did with Maddie's past.
    I wondered the same thing. I also wonder how the guy that played Hal Munson's storyline is/was changing before his suicide.

The whole Luke being gay storyline is also quite played out.

AND - there is no frikking way in the whole wide world that a REAL kidnapper/attempted murder would be set free as quickly as it appears our miss emily stewart will be. Give me a break!

You know, I really wish they'd just let Hal pass away, too. Ben WAS Hal and no one else has ever been right for the part. I like Randolph Mantooth, but not as Hal. I'd rather see Hal's character just bow out.

I agree, Muduh. It's going to be hard seeing someone else play that role.

I still remember Randolph Mantooth as the firefighter on Emergency. He isn't Hal, and like many others, I too wish they would let Hal pass away.
    May he RIP.

Well I'm just sure that the three of us are right about this matter and Hal should be allowed to rest in peace. They could always have him be a casualty of the police department. That isn't so far fetched since that may well be the most inept police department in history.

I have been watching this show on and off, but mostly on, for my whole life as I watched it with my grandma as a kid.

The letting Emily free after attempted murder, covering that up and then kidnapping Dusty was too much. I am not the least bit interested in watching a custody dispute with Paul.

Maddie and Jennifer had really grown on me, after initially being ambivalent, but Jen is gone and Maddie's story is inconsistent.

I will probably take this off my tivo, like I did with Bold and the Beautiful months ago after watching it from the debut. As the World Turns was the last soap I was watching.

+ Reply to Thread