+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: As The World Turns

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: As The World Turns

I made it through Brad saying goodbye to Liberty and Janet. Had to get tissues for his goodbye to Jack (my favorite guy next to Paul), but I couldn't bring myself to watch him say goodbye to Katie.

Loved the Santa who helped Brad. It was a bit of humor in an otherwise tear-jerker episode.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

How does a show that's going to be taken off the air in 9 months have the ability to keep adding new cast members? Rats don't run ONTO a sinking ship!

First we saw Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan Randall - Reva's son) come over as the born again James Stenbeck, and now:

Daniel Cosgrove (Billy Lewis) is headed to Oakdale as well.

Sad news for the show. Even sadder than being cancelled.

Helen Wagner, 'As the World Turns' Actress, Dies At 91 - Speakeasy - WSJ

I'm so sad that the show is being cancelled now that the love triangle between Reid/Luke/Noah is getting good. I think they have enough time to do it justice though. I'm just hoping for a LuRe endgame! I'm so in love with Dr Oliver I hate that they are only on once or twice a week. :nono
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

According to an article I just read, the show just wrapped production, but the final episode isn't until September 17th. Does it seem like that's a little farther ahead than most soaps shoot? I always thought they were between 6 and 8 weeks ahead of air, but this is almost 3 months.

Regardless, I'm sad for all the fans of the show. I know how I'd feel if one of my soaps got canceled.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I remember watching As the World Turns when I was just a little girl with my grandmother and great grandmother! It was their favorite and therefore my favorite. My earliest memories of the show were when Lisa and Bob Hughes were fighting over the custody of Tom! You can tell how long ago that was. LOL. I hadn't started school yet, but was quite on top of the soaps storylines.

I continued to watch through college and law school. Once I went to work, I lost track, but still like to tune in and catch an episode now and then. Believe it or not I can still identify many of the characters, such as Barbara, formerly Steinbeck. I'm not sure who she is now. Those actors on that show age so slowly.

I remember when Julianne Moore and Meg Ryan were on the show. It's been an excellent soap and am so sad that it is ending.

I started watching when Betsy, played by Meg Ryan, was getting together with Steve and Craig got all stalker crazy. I think I was about 12. And Margo was having an affair with James Stenbeck.

I watched through college and a little after, but completely lost track of the show.

I come home for lunch a lot now and have caught a few episodes. Some of these people I don't know. Like Henry. who in the world is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3956479;
    I started watching when Betsy, played by Meg Ryan, was getting together with Steve and Craig got all stalker crazy. I think I was about 12. And Margo was having an affair with James Stenbeck.

I watched through college and a little after, but completely lost track of the show.

I come home for lunch a lot now and have caught a few episodes. Some of these people I don't know. Like Henry. who in the world is he?
    I think those were the best days of that show. Betsy, Steve and Craig, I just loved it. I can't answer the question about Henry.

Henry just sorta showed up in Oakdale. He's had a crush on Katie (he calls her Bubbles) since the beginning, but that hasn't stopped him from hooking up with Vienna (who also just showed up in Oakdale) and with Barbara.

If I am not mistaken, Henry actually ended up being a Stenbeck by blood. This happened "recently" - within the last year.

I've been missing it more than I've been watching it. They seem to be letting everything slide as the show coasts downhill to it's end in September.

I will miss Paul the most. Hopefully Roger Howarth will pop up somewhere else for a little eye candy.

Well its almost here, next week is the final week of ATWT, but does anyone know which day is the final episode? I really don't want to miss it, so I will skip classes if necessary to watch. So if anyone has the final date, please let me know!

I'm actually quite surprised, the storylines are wrapping up pretty neatly...I was really upset to see what happened to Reid. I just wonder i Lucinda and Lily will patch things up...

+ Reply to Thread