+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: As The World Turns

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: As The World Turns

Just read about that this morning MsDiva. Last episode will air next September.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Has this show been doing that poorly in the ratings? While I"ve never been an avid watcher of ATWT (except way back in the late 80's when it was actually good), I still hate to see these soaps go. I fear there will come a day very soon when there won't be anymore daytime soaps left at all. Used to be that NBC was the soap-opera-cancel-happy network, now it seems CBS has taken the title away from them.

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3765062;
    Has this show been doing that poorly in the ratings? While I"ve never been an avid watcher of ATWT (except way back in the late 80's when it was actually good), I still hate to see these soaps go. I fear there will come a day very soon when there won't be anymore daytime soaps left at all. Used to be that NBC was the soap-opera-cancel-happy network, now it seems CBS has taken the title away from them.

It's consistently the lowest rated soap since Guiding Light went off the air. I think GL was lower, but I'm not sure.

I never have watched ATWT, but I feel for the fans of the show. I've watched the ABC soaps since I was a little kid and I know how I'd feel if one of them got canceled. Maybe they're not great all the time, but there's always hope that things will improve. At least TPTB gave them a good, long time to really wrap up story lines and honor the show, as well as the fans. Prime time shows sure don't get that.

With the economic situation, as well as the falling ratings for soaps over the last few years, I'm afraid it won't be the last soap cancellation.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watched ATWT from around 1974-2000. I named my first two daughters from this show.

I quit watching when I went to work after being a stay-at-home mom for 13 years.

Then I started watching again last year with my now adult daughters....and it had gone seriously down hill. So sad.....lots of teriffic actors and actresses came from that show.

I started watching ATWT back when Meg Ryan played Betsy and she was dumping Craig for Steve. For some reason, about 10 or so years ago, I quit bothering to tape it during the day. It used to be my favorite.

I have been unemployed for about 6 weeks now and have recently started watching it a little again. It doesn't hold my interest anymore. Why is the real Lily playing a seldomly recurring role on GH? I don't like the new Lily.

whatever happened to Barbara's husband Hal?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3766464;
    I started watching ATWT back when Meg Ryan played Betsy and she was dumping Craig for Steve. For some reason, about 10 or so years ago, I quit bothering to tape it during the day. It used to be my favorite.

I have been unemployed for about 6 weeks now and have recently started watching it a little again. It doesn't hold my interest anymore. Why is the real Lily playing a seldomly recurring role on GH? I don't like the new Lily.

LOL....lots of the same questions I started asking when I briefly watched last year. NOBODY can replace Martha Byrne as Lily!

My mom and I talked about this today. She watched many, many years ago because my grandma moved in with us (she was an avid "soap" watcher and even listened to GL on the radio)....so I grew up watching this and Guiding Light, Search for Tomorrow, Love of Life....a few others maybe. I remember these shows being 30 minutes long....I think one was only 15 minutes!

Anyway, she had read somewhere that Eileen Fulton (Lisa) was mad as heck and that the producers were going to try to find another network to take the show. I dunno....but that would be nice.
    It would also be nice if it could return to it's roots somewhat....but that's unlikely.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3766464;
    Benjamin Hendrickson (Hal) commited suicide in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieQC;3766519;
    Benjamin Hendrickson (Hal) commited suicide in 2006.
    the actor committed suicide? wow. how did the show handle that. I hope tastefully.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The part of Hal Munson was ended when he was killed "in the line of duty"
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Today's show where Brad said goodbye was heart-wrenching. I had tears in my eyes through most of it, as I have had all through the whole arc about Brad dying. Too bad CBS announced the cancellation right in the middle of all the great acting being put forward.

+ Reply to Thread