+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: As The World Turns

Re: As The World Turns

It was fun to see Casey on The Unusuals last night. He's such a cutie and I'm glad that he and Allison are moving forward in their relationship. They're such a cute couple. I'm a little irritated with the Brad/Kate/Henry/Vienna storyline. I hope they wrap that one up pretty soon. I'm kind of relishing the Carly/Alcoholic storyline because I hate her so anything to make her suffer makes me happy The Paul kidnapping Eliza storyline annoyed me at first but now I'm kind of enjoying it. I still think someone should put him (and everyone else) out of his misery and shoot him in the head. He's a freak and the show needs to be rid of him permanently. One thing I like about this show is that the storylines are wrapped up in a fairly reasonable time frame. I love DOOL and have watched since I was 13 but it just takes soooo long to resolve anything! It's so annoying! But DOOL is not as bad about that as Passions was. I think they were at some party about to reveal one of Teresa's many secrets for 2 months! RIDICULOUS! That's probably why it got cancelled Another thing I like about ATWT is that it doesn't take them forever to travel. Does that make sense? They are one place in one scene and then they are somewhere else in the next. I like that. There's no wasted time that way. They just get to the point and to the storyline instead of wasting time getting from here to there.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Did anyone else catch Liberty on Royal Pains? She over-acted on that show too.

I am a Paul Ryan fan . . . . well, actually, I am a Roger Howarth fan, but since it's the only place to see him, I'll take what I can get.

I keep hoping that he'll get fixed (mentally, that is). We all know James Stenbeck was Evil (with a capital E) but really, how long can we go on using that as an excuse for all that's wrong in Paul's life?

Glad to see Rosanna back (especially since the role is still being played by Cady McClain).
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I don't watch that show but apparently my Mom does because she mentioned that to me the other day when I was talking about Casey being on The Unusuals. I think the actor that plays Paul Ryan is quite dishy but I totally hate the character. I kind of like Rosanna in that same way that I like Carly. One of those love to hate them kind of things. I do not feel that way about Paul. I just find him annoying. Dusty is kind of annoying and controlling too but he's kind of sexy in a manly man kind of way. I'm glad Meg dumped him but I laughed because they were really never together. I like her with Damien. Who cares if he's her sister's ex? He's totally H-O-T! Does anyone else think this Morgan Riley fellow is a con artist? I kind of wonder if Adam is not really dead and they set up this whole thing together. I also get a gay vibe from him. Maybe he and Adam are together? I hope they don't do a love triangle with Luke and Noah
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

FORT Fan

I haven't watched the show in a couple of years, maybe more. Is it any good? I've thought about tuning in again to see Cady/Rosanna and I just read Lynn Herring (Lucy from GH) has joined the show to play Henry's mom so I'm curious to see what she and Trent can get up to.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

ATWT is the only soap I watch (when I have the time).

Because of that, I don't know how the others work, so I have two question:

#1. Is ATWT the only soap that sticks us with "the random character of the month" or do the other do it as well?

Currently, we have Riley and soon we will have Henry's mom. They'll be here for a month or two, then leave suddenly after being accused of a crime or leaving someone at the alter.

#2. Do the other soaps make the children disappear for months on end, only to bring them back having ages 5 years or more?

I can't remember the last time I saw JJ or Sage (who was doing science fair projects around the time kids her "age" should have been just learning to read) The Snyder children (except for Luke) are perpetually absent. Johnny is gone too. I need a reminder to recall the face of Emily & Tom's son (who will probably be in college next time we see him). Eliza - brand new to the show - is heard cooing or crying, but seldom seen.

I realize budgets are tight. The people on screen need to be paid. Do you still get a check for having your name mentioned in passing?

FORT Fan

Random characters are typical now, or at least newbies in general. I think because they don't have to pay them as much and tptb figure they're going to do something new and exciting with whatever new person they've brought on.

As for the kids, that's common on all of the soaps. It's not like years ago, when some children were given the change to grow up on the show. Now it seems whenever the writers have no clue what to do with parents of young children, they age them, and start a troubled teen story. I know over on GH, they've aged all of Sonny kids over the last couple of months.

So what happened to Johnny?

I haven't been watching ATWT for all that long but I remember when Lindsay Lohan was on Another World when she was about 11. They sent her off to boarding school in Switzerland while she was filming The Parent Trap and she never came back. They brought her character back awhile later and it was a different actress and she was 17. They do this on DOOL really bad as well. Will Horton is the only kid on that show who is his actual age.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

FORT Fan

^^^ If I'm not mistaken, it was Another World that Lindsay was on. She was a cute kid. And don't even get me started on DOOL.

Caught part of a show (TVGuide channel, I believe) that showed the behind-the-scenes view of The Bold and the Beautiful.

Had to laugh when Winsor Harmon said he had it in his contract that his character "Thorn" was never to go upstairs. He joked that if he went up, he was afraid he'd never be allowed to come back down.

I guess that's an easy way to write off a character.

Still no sign of Johnny or JJ or Daniel.

Could they seriously be considering an incest storyline now?

I hope not! They already did that on Passions anyway and it went as far as them sleeping together YUK! Allison and what'shisface where kissing on the preview but let's hope it doesn't go further than that. I like her with Casey better anyway. I think Casey was right to break up with her though because I don't think stealing the watch was such a bad thing. Sometimes it's OK to do something wrong to protect your family. That's exactly what he was doing and she needed to stand by Casey. I kept yelling at the TV "Allison you are so stupid! Don't tell Margo!". Unfortunately, she didn't listen to me I hope they don't stay broken up for too long though.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

+ Reply to Thread