+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kyle XY

Kyle XY

Genre: Sci-Fi

Plot Outline: A family takes in a formerly institutionalized teen savant (Matt Dallas) who is missing standard human behaviors such as anger, joy and love.

Anyone else see this last night?
    We DVR'd it for the heck of it. I'm halfway through and it's pretty darn good. I'm going to watch the rest of the season. That boy who is playing Kyle is cuuuute.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

ABC will be airing this show on Friday nights. I'll be checking out the premiere tonight at 9:00.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    ABC will be airing this show on Friday nights. I'll be checking out the premiere tonight at 9:00.
    Right, and that's the "real" ABC, not ABC Family or whatever it will normally be on.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Sorry for the double post--just watched... a little sophomoric, but fun. Reminded me of the Casey the alien thing on General Hospital back when "Robin Scorpio" was a child. And I agree, who could not? He's cute! The whole limp arm thing when he walks is a bit weird tho... and you have to suspend disbelief quite a bit... a person found w/o a bellybutton and non calls the papers?

I caught it last night but missed the first few minutes. Did it show him fall from the sky or anything? I liked it.

No, it just started out with him naked in the woods.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm liking this show. It's better than anything else that's on right now. I think they're doing a good job of showing Kyle's confusion. How would you process what you see if you have absolutely no frame of reference? Like when he sees family photos showing the daughter at different ages and he assumes that humans get smaller as they age, rather than larger.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'm glad I have two chances to catch it. ABC Family on it's normal night and then again on ABC on Friday night. Kind of reminescent of John Doe with the whole naked in the woods thing and having abilities.

The actor who played the dad had been driving me crazy as to who he was and it just hit me that he played the UPS delivery guy in Legally Blonde. I think he may also have played Larry in the Three's Company tv movie.

The girl next door has the prettiest eyes, just like Kyle. I hope the show makes it longer than a few episodes. We need some fun family shows right now.

I managed to catch most of this show last night. I liked it. Mostly because of the boy who plays Kyle. Great blue eyes. Good job doing the confusion thingy. Really liked the ending where every member of the familiy actually likes him. It is a bit smaltzy, but hey, it's summer. I don't want my brain to hurt.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I just watched it and really enjoyed it.

It's pretty much follows the usual formula. Family that doesn't like him then does. Pretty girl he has a connection with, whose mother will never approve. Weird, creepy guy watching who could be good, or could be evil.

But having said that, the chemistry was pretty good between the actors and I'll definitely keep watching

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast