+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kyle XY

FORT Newbie
    I think he is some sort of bio enginered product that is probably all human but his brain function allows him to do things we normal people haven't figured out yet.
    He could maybe also do the high jump or something.

I can't figure out if that last line was supposed to be funny or not. But it sure is! I keep making refrence to it all the time to my husband, but changing the words around:

"He is some sort of bio-enginered product that is genetically all human, but his brain function allows him to do things we normal people haven't figured out yet. Also, he makes a mean Bologna sandwitch"

sorry, I'm totally not picking on you. I loved the post
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by lassie View Post
    I think he is some sort of bio enginered product that is probably all human but his brain function allows him to do things we normal people haven't figured out yet.
    He could maybe also do the high jump or something.
    I think its been dead obvious from Day 1, with the whole "no belly button" thing, that he's a clone, and finally they told us who he's a clone of. I mean the number of reasons for no belly button are finite.

What's amazing is that with all of the crazy theories the little brother on the show tosses out, its amazing that "genetically enhanced clone" isn't one of them. As incredible as the concept SEEMS, once you show people seriously aware that he's far beyond normal human potential, you'd think that idea would pop up as fast or faster than "alien".

The "number" as his identity seems to speak to the fact that there may be a whole army of Kyles in those woods. Either that, or it took a SERIOUS amount of tries to get a successful product. The fact that they were willing to assume he was really dead, but will obviously aggressively pursue him now, argues to me that its more likely he's just one experiment of many. Valuable more because he got out than for any intrinsic value.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Now that the last show of this run has aired, I'm eager for the show to return. I could do without the teen angst, and if I were Josh's parent, he wouldn't have been allowed to continue with the alien talk, especially after he saw how upset it made Kyle. I mean, for him first to feel bad because it bothered Kyle--and he didn't know?--but to continue with it, anyway, would have elicited a stronger response from me than it did from Steven and Nicole. The whole Lori/Hillary thing makes me roll my eyes. But I do like Declan and Amanda, and Kyle's crush on Amanda and instinctive knowledge about how to treat a girl.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I was away and missed several episodes, but caught the finale tonight...I think I know what is going on... obviously he's become friends with Declan. Do you think Declan will act on the clues in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I was away and missed several episodes, but caught the finale tonight...I think I know what is going on... obviously he's become friends with Declan. Do you think Declan will act on the clues in some way?
    Oh yeah. Absolutely. By the way, If you go to the ABC Family website you can get the episodes you missed.

Apparently filming for season 2 begins in February.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I really liked the twists and turns in this show. That the man originally portrayed as a stalker/killer turned out in fact to be his protector. Did the professor who was killed in the woods take him out of the tank? Did I miss something? And why do they show him scaling the fence if he had no awareness until he "woke" in the woods? The no belly button, the awkward physicality, the lack of knowledge could scream alien (and it was an interesting misdirection) but it could also scream new born.

Another question - why grow the clones to teen years (his twin still in the tank) rather than take them out as babies where they can be trained more efficiently? TV purposes only?

A very interesting show - can't wait to see if Declan understands the clues...other than the fact that the couple were not Kyle's parents. Will it be a summer show only, then, since filming doesn't start until February?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Oh yeah. Absolutely. By the way, If you go to the ABC Family website you can get the episodes you missed.

Apparently filming for season 2 begins in February.
    Thanks, Qboots! Knowledgeable as always!

Was it my imagination or did the "twin" still in the tank have longer hair and a XX label on its tank? (vs. Kyle XY) So a girl clone?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    IAnother question - why grow the clones to teen years (his twin still in the tank) rather than take them out as babies where they can be trained more efficiently?
    No diapers to change.

And PWS: Yes, I believe we saw "XX".
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Just to doubly, triply confirm it was XX.

I really liked this show. I think it stood well as a summer show and while I cannot wait for the return I am glad it's staying a summer show. It would be crushed if it moved to a fall show. The ending was very interesting as it tied up several ends from the current season but ended with quite a few more. I had a love/hate relationship with several of the characters though because I'm not entirely sure they were believable. Overall though, it was a good show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast