+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Canadian TV

I have some info on two of HBO's more acclaimed shows:

The History Channel will begin airing "Deadwood" on Monday nights, starting tomorrow. They'll be showing 2 eps back-to-back from 9 pm to 11:30.

On Oct. 9, CITY TV will start airing "Entourage".

Also, the new U.S. network called My Network TV will be starting two soap operas on Tuesday: "Fashion House" with Bo Derek and Morgan Fairchild, and "Desire". They'll air 5 days a week, with a recap on Saturdays. In the Toronto area, SUN TV will be carrying them. (Channel 15) Desire will be on at 5 pm, Fashion House at 7 pm. After the first 2 weeks, FH will move to 4 pm. The recaps will be on Friday nights at 8 and 9 pm.

And for anyone who has never seen "Veronica Mars", the Women's Network (W) will air the series from the beginning, starting this Friday (Sept. 8) at 9 pm.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I get old episodes of Da Vinci's Inquest on WGN Boston.

More news:

Showcase is finally starting the 5th and final season of "Six Feet Under" tonight at 10 pm.

CTV is on their last week of Sopranos episodes, but the schedule is a bit different than I posted earlier. It won't air Mon. to Thurs., instead it will air Mon, Wed, Thurs & Fri.

The religion network (Vision) is starting the "Wonderfalls" episodes all over again. They'll air Mondays at 10 pm (starting tomorrow) and rerun at 1 am.

The rest of the news concerns CH, which is an offshoot of Global. In Ontario, CH broadcasts out of Hamilton, but apparently there are also CH stations in Red Deer and Vancouver Island. Back in June, TNT debuted a show called "Saved". I don't know if it's any good, but CH is airing the episodes Wednesdays at 10 pm starting this week. Also on CH, season 2 of "The Closer" (Kyra Sedgwick) begins tomorrow. (Mondays at 10 pm) And I'm delighted that I'll finally get to see the premiere episode of "Psych" Thursday at 10 pm, also on CH.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Thanks Qboots. I managed to see all of The Sopranos, some of it on tape. Whew. A few violent episodes there. Wasn't thrilled with the finale's ending.

---------------

Anyone going to check in with Brent and the gang in Dog River? Corner Gas starts Mondays at 8:30pm on CTV. 19 new episodes.

Attachment 18174
    The first episode is "Hair Comes the Judge."

Brent accepts the offer of a haircut from Karen, only to find out that Emma is territorial about her hair cuts. Hank promises to stain Lacey’s deck but doesn’t, forcing Lacey to get Wanda’s help to settle it. And Davis is after Oscar to replace his muffler, which is as loud as it is old.

http://www.cornergas.com
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-17-2006 at 01:17 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Thanks Qboots. I managed to see all of The Sopranos, some of it on tape. Whew. A few violent episodes there. Wasn't thrilled with the finale's ending.
    Glad to hear you caught all the episodes - CTV must have changed that darn schedule 4 times! And yeah, I kept waiting for some kind of explosive cliffhanger finale. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Anyone going to check in with Brent and the gang in Dog River? Corner Gas starts Mondays at 8:30pm on CTV. 19 new episodes.
    Yup. Can't get enough of that Corner Gas gang. But I hate the timeslot. I'll probably end up watching it on the Comedy Network on Saturdays at 8 pm.

Speaking of the Comedy Network - they're finally getting going on season 10 of South Park on October 20.

The WB is starting the new season of Smallville and Supernatural this week. In Canada, they'll be carried by the CHUM group. Smallville is on "A Channel" on Thursdays or on "SPACE" on Sundays. Supernatural is on "CITY" on Thursdays or on "SPACE" on Fridays.

Showcase is starting a new series "Rent-a-Goalie" on Sunday, Oct. 1. The commercial looked pretty funny.

And in movie news: "Trailer Park Boys: The Movie" will hit theatres on Thursday Oct. 6.

I caught that commercial for Rent-a-Goalie, too, Q. Needless to say it hooked the husband right away (last year for Xmas I bought him the special edition of Slapshot ) so we're definitely checking it out at our house.

Is TPB done for the season? Last night was a repeat. Must have missed the last show.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Is TPB done for the season? Last night was a repeat. Must have missed the last show.
    Yup. It was done several months ago. Season 6 started airing in mid-April, and the seasons only have 6 episodes, so they've been in reruns since the end of May. If you missed an episode it's sure to come around again within a few weeks.

Good Lord. We must have completely missed the first go-round. And the second, third, and fourth. I'm just gonna go to the damn movie already (did you see the trailer for that? The boys auditioning actors to play themselves? ).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Is anyone watching Making the Cut?

http://www.makingthecut.ca/

It's about hockey players who just never had a pro shot getting the chance to vie for one now. I liked the first season and caught the first episode of this season. Anyone else?

Sorry, not watching. Too much other stuff on.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast