+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 192 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

FORT Fan

Heroes on NBC

don't think anyone started a thread for this but I am excited for this show after seeing the First Look Video (http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/Heroes/) on nbc.com. Seems like a lost-like show with like 10 different storylines that i'm sure will intervine and what not. I will definitely tune in

At one point it had actually been kicked off the fall schedule and pushed back to some nebulous status as a potential replacement show. So they must have changed their minds BACK.

Actually... look at this: http://epguides.com/grid/fall.shtml

Notice how "Heroes" is on this schedule and "Medium" isn't? Well we ALL know that "Medium" is a monster hit. What I'd heard a while back was that ORIGINALLY NBC wanted a monster 1-2 punch with "Heroes" and then "Medium" on Monday nights as kind of a Supernatural night.

Later on NBC changed gears, didn't want to part with any Law & Order spots, wanted "Crossing Jordan" on during the fall, and REALLY wanted "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" to succeed. So they paired it with "Medium" and "Heroes" is what went.

Then apparently they changed their minds again and now it's "Heroes" and THEN "Studio 60" (two untried shows in a row? Yeah. Good luck last place NBC), with "Medium" now pushed back to mid-season (in other words, 2007)

http://community.tvguide.com/thread....geID=700010389

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

There's a reviewers DVD of the pilot for this out, and I knew someone who knew someone who let me and my friend watch it tonight. I have to say... the pilot of this show is freaking amazing. Not even remotely what most of us will be expecting. For one thing, it's VERY creepy in places, and blindsides you majorly in at least three places in 45 short minutes. Greg Gunberg, the big name in this show, must not have been attached yet when they made the pilot, because he doesn't appear. But everyone else you've seen in the commercials does, plus one or two other important characters who aren't in those spots. Without spoiling, I can say that it's immediately obvious that there's a HUGE long-arc story planned, something that they could probably take up at least two seasons with, plus a few other obvious threads (other than the obvious "look they have powers" stuff) for shorter arcs.

The big problem is that I think this will be up against "24" in mid-season, so it better be able to build up a huge following in the fall (its other competition is the stinky old Bachelor, which it will probably draw different demographics than).

Sci-fi-ish shows seem to either hit directly or miss directly the past few years on network TV. Some really great shows have just been ignored. Some others have struggled and then lost. This one, I think, has a chance of being a smash if the network keeps pushing it the way it is, and if people don't get too weirded out. There's a lot of talk about what will be the next "Lost", and at least three or four candidates competing for it next fall (TWO of them by JJ Abrams) and THIS one, the one without JJ might have the best shot.

The previews are really perking my insterest. Out of the 3 that showed on the 2005/2006 season I really liked Invasion and Surface was fun to yell at and had some potential. Sci Fi is a hard sell and I like how Lost is such a huge hit, hopefully this show will be as successfull. But moving Medium around is incredibly stupid. It is a successful show why kill it. Again I think network executives hate Sci Fi and try to kill any show possible.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Premium Member
    The previews definitely have my interest.... though this feels like a show I would expect to see on the Sci-Fi Channel or something - hope it can hold its own on NBC. I agree with Krom, (although I've only seen previews), that this show looks to me like the best LOST competitor next season - I hope it's done well !!

I hate to invest in new shows only to have the ones I like yanked out from under me (Invasion, Commander in Chief) but I'm a sucker for this type of premise so I know I'll catch at least the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I hate to invest in new shows only to have the ones I like yanked out from under me (Invasion, Commander in Chief) but I'm a sucker for this type of premise so I know I'll catch at least the first episode.
    I was going to say "maybe you don't have to worry, since NBC is putting so much muscle behind this show" but then I remembered that its really been quite a long time since NBC HAD any muscle.

They are at least TRYING to promote the heck out of it though. Then again, they promoted the heck out of "Surface" if I'm recalling correctly.

The timeslot is good news though. If you look here you will see that its competition is two new shows (Fox & CW), half hour comedies (CBS) and the crusty old Bachelor show (ABC). So really, its been given one of the best spots possible I think in the NBC schedule in terms of trying to craft a breakout hit. They would have TOTALLY nailed the audience if they'd had the brains to leave "Medium" on in the spot after it, but instead they crapped on that and put that West-Wing-meets-SNL crap show on instead and booted one of their few smash hit shows to the deep of the winter.

But still, "Vanished" looks like a total snoozer, and well... the CW ain't gonna make a hit. Plus, Monday Night Football is gone forever. So "Heroes" has got its chance. Some football fans might even watch.

I'm pulling for this show, because the premise looks very promising to me and I sincerely like Greg Grunberg. Plus, the previews I've seen look pretty slickity slick.

I'm sad, though, that the other superhero drama I was looking forward to, "Ultra," doesn't look like it will be picked up for any net this fall.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99 View Post
    don't think anyone started a thread for this but I am excited for this show after seeing the First Look Video (http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/Heroes/) on nbc.com. Seems like a lost-like show with like 10 different storylines that i'm sure will intervine and what not. I will definitely tune in
    Interesting premise--will def. give it a shot.
    Interesting picture... but, jeepers, the blonde center and front, the black and Asian actors squished off to the side.... The blonde is next to someone who looks like Kaysar from BB tho, and Greg is in the back...almost looks photoshopped in--hear he was a late add. A lot of people, hope it doesn't get confusing like Windfall is at times.

I guess that by the previews my not having a clue what it's about it what they were shooting for. Looks pretty interesting! Think I am on board for this one for now although if it's up against 24 it'll be DVR'd.

+ Reply to Thread