+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 192 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Re: Heroes on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2376242;
    I agree, muggle. It wasn't an exciting ep., but lots of chess pieces being moved around.
    I forget, what was Charlie's power? Memory? (wouldn't that be ironic for me )
    They haven't revealed the mother's power yet, have they?
    LOL Yes her power was a photographic memory - she would be able to recall everything she read or learned.

Don't know yet what Mama Petrelli can do.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowWindy;2378940;
    LOL Yes her power was a photographic memory - she would be able to recall everything she read or learned.

Don't know yet what Mama Petrelli can do.
    Moma Petrelli's super power is doing the 'evil eye'.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2379622;
    Moma Petrelli's super power is doing the 'evil eye'.
    No kidding...and she's damn good at it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2377864;
    Interesting to see that Sylar's mom have a major part in screwing up her kid.
    Isn't it though? I know it wouldn't be as simple as her telling him he didn't have to be special, but she really seemed to seal the Sylar as evil deal.
    What I wonder though, is if having some sort of power is genetic, did Daddy Sylar have some sort of power? It struck me that Mommy Sylar must not have had a power, but somehow Sylar still got one.

Do folks realize that Sylar may get Mad Cow Disease from eating people's brains. They have done studies on the headhunter cultures of the Pacific and the headhunters have a tradition of eating the heart and brain of their enemies and of their family members that pass away. It does vary culture to culture. But sometimes some of the folk develop a condition were their brains become full of holes. This is very similiar to Mad Cow Disease and scientists do not recommend eating human brains because it can result in fits and loss of motor functions and eventual death.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2380432;
    Do folks realize that Sylar may get Mad Cow Disease from eating people's brains. They have done studies on the headhunter cultures of the Pacific and the headhunters have a tradition of eating the heart and brain of their enemies and of their family members that pass away. It does vary culture to culture. But sometimes some of the folk develop a condition were their brains become full of holes. This is very similiar to Mad Cow Disease and scientists do not recommend eating human brains because it can result in fits and loss of motor functions and eventual death.
    Whoa....I sooo did not need to read or know that Bearcata.

I guess he better hurry up and eat Claire's brain so he can heal those holes.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2380077;
    Isn't it though? I know it wouldn't be as simple as her telling him he didn't have to be special, but she really seemed to seal the Sylar as evil deal.
    What I wonder though, is if having some sort of power is genetic, did Daddy Sylar have some sort of power? It struck me that Mommy Sylar must not have had a power, but somehow Sylar still got one.
    I was wondering the same thing about Sylar, then I started thinking about Mohinder, the Petrelli brothers both have powers, so shouldn't he have a power if his sister had one?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edrickmo;2381248;
    I was wondering the same thing about Sylar, then I started thinking about Mohinder, the Petrelli brothers both have powers, so shouldn't he have a power if his sister had one?
    First... edrickmo!!

I'm not sure it's entirely genetic. To our knowledge, Mohinder's parents didn't have any powers.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I haven't taking that whole "brain eating" thing literally.

how would Sylar just all of a sudden have an epiphany and say to himself, hmm if i eat these guys brains i will have there powers.

i mean who eats brains? i don't think Papa Suresh's book has a chapter on brain eating.

Sylar's power is too see how things work. He looked at a brain and saw the way to take the power. Not sure how tho.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread